MILEHIIU has passed away

4 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

This hurts.....a lot.

It really does.  This board, although most only know each other through a screen name, is a family in my opinion.  We have our differences but when the going gets tough in real life times we stick together.  Sounds kind of corny I know but it’s truly how I feel.   I’ve been around this site and the old one with several guys since the Mike Davis era.  Came to check the board this morning hoping I just had a dream about this.  Damn it Ken, gonna miss you friend!😢

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

It really does.  This board, although most only know each other through a screen name, is a family in my opinion.  We have our differences but when the going gets tough in real life times we stick together.  Sounds kind of corny I know but it’s truly how I feel.   I’ve been around this site and the old one with several guys since the Mike Davis era.  Came to check the board this morning hoping I just had a dream about this.  Damn it Ken, gonna miss you friend!😢

One million percent. Ken was like a brother. We shared many PM's about everything. Tears are flowing as I think about this.

For me Ken is HSN. Always was and always will be!

15 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Stunned.  Like many I followed Ken from board to board (and yes, he was the main reason I followed).  He was older than my mom, but I often joked that he was my brother from another mother.  His opinions often aligned with my own, which always made him a friendly voice.  When I read his posts or PM's, the voice in my head was Paul Harvey, its just how I envisioned him.  This is so tragic.  He seemed to be an ever present presence on the boards, at all hours of the night and day.  To think, since this pandemic began, Mile has closed many of his personal messages with "Be Safe".  

If there is any comfort to be taken from this, for me, it's that Eric and Ken will be sitting side by side in that great IU man-cave in the sky rooting on one of the best IU football teams in generations.  During the bowl game, Eric will be joking about Indonesian hookers, and Ken will be complaining that Kane Wommack was allowed to coach even after accepting the South Alabama job.

My condolences to the family.  An incredibly bright and warm light has been extinguished.

This morning I was listening to the pregame on the radio.  It hit me after remembering this post that the voice inside my head when I would read Mile's posts was that of Don Fischer.  Definitely bittersweet watching the game today.

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

One million percent. Ken was like a brother. We shared many PM's about everything. Tears are flowing as I think about this.

For me Ken is HSN. Always was and always will be!

I've been around since like late 2006, early 2007.  I was much younger and a little immature then.  I remember getting messages from Ken, being as gracious as possible, getting on me about different posts i would make (such as comparing Kentucky to the catholic churches in graphic detail), as i would say anything and everything as i had no filter.  He was kind of my role model and one that would let me know if i crossed the line, especially on the older sites.  I'm going to miss him and his enthusiasm.  I like to think IU beat Butler today for Ken, even if that's in my own mind.  He was one of a kind and a legend (i know he would hate me saying that since he was such a humble guy) on our boards for such a long time.  I will miss him and while things won't be the same without him, hope things continue to grow and be successful as i know that's what he would want.  I, too, shed a tear for him.  He will always be HSN and for me, it won't be the same without him.

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

My mom passed 3 weeks ago, Eric and now Ken on here, i'm ready for 2020 to be gone.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  These last couple weeks have been given me moments to pause and think about how I need to spend the next week's, months, and years as my parents age.  Praying for you buddy.  

Archived