MILEHIIU has passed away

Almost feels like a bad dream  that he  has reallly  passed  but what I want to remember him by how humble he was and how rarely he spoke about his life I think in one of his posts in the past  he mention he was Vietnam veteran though not sure if that was correct so please correct me if I’m wrong but only mention that once if I remember right from his posting. It really fits his persona never self absorb and was always concern about others he really was a great guy gone too soon. I’m not religious but I really like to believe  there’s  some afterlife after this for his sake because I really like to grow up like him one day he set a  real good example like my father who passed away  five years ago when I was 19  December 10  so I know what’s it like to lose a love one during this time was still numb from the pain going to a funeral during Christmas so for his family’s sake  please let me know how to donate to his wife and i send my condolences to her may he Rest In Peace.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Please see the link to the GoFundMe. I'm also editing my original post to have it included. Thank you to everyone for the kind words, stories and expressions contained in this thread. I will be showing to his family and I'm sure they will be touched to know how he was viewed and will be remembered.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ken-kurowski?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

39 minutes ago, Wafflehead_Fred said:

All,

Please see the link to the GoFundMe. I'm also editing my original post to have it included. Thank you to everyone for the kind words, stories and expressions contained in this thread. I will be showing to his family and I'm sure they will be touched to know how he was viewed and will be remembered.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ken-kurowski?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Thank you for this. I think you should post this on the HSN Twitter account as well. It's nice to see a picture of him. 

5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Thank you for this. I think you should post this on the HSN Twitter account as well. It's nice to see a picture of him. 

I imagined him with a big white curly beeswaxed mustache.  But agree, good to see what the man I shared a lot with looks like. Rest in peace. 

I remember talking with Ken recently and discussing our love for Jeopardy. He said he couldn't imagine the show without Alex being on there. How he was watching every episode. Never thought he would not be here to see the last episode. I watched last night and it was a rerun but I could not help but think about our friend Mile!! 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I remember talking with Ken recently and discussing our love for Jeopardy. He said he couldn't imagine the show without Alex being on there. How he was watching every episode. Never thought he would not be here to see the last episode. I watched last night and it was a rerun but I could not help but think about our friend Mile!! 

Shane, I know how you feel. Every time I would get on the forum I would always see Mile's name. Many times in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I would get on and there he w was. I would send him a message and ask him if he ever slept and of course he would ask me the same thing. I wish I could of visited him in Colorado and I wish he could of made it to Michigan. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda!
I miss my friend!

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Shane, I know how you feel. Every time I would get on the forum I would always see Mile's name. Many times in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I would get on and there he would was. I would send him a message and ask him if he ever slept and of course he would ask me the same thing. I wish I could of visited him in Colorado and I wish he could of made it to Michigan. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda!
I miss my friend!

Yes sir. I am with you.  Still just does not seem real

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

There were many times that I was over there when it came on. There was nothing to be discussed during that show, only Jeopardy to be enjoyed. It was a household commitment.

1 hour ago, hoosierfan615 said:

I miss seeing his name in blue whenever I would check on the side who was logged on. He seemed to be on whenever I would get on this site and I keep finding myself checking for his name still...

Maybe a mod or someone can have him permanently logged in as tribute. He was on all the time. He would say that since he was retired, he had no real schedule so he would sleep whenever he wanted which meant he was up at all hours haha. It makes sense that he seemed to always be on. It also goes to show how much he invested into the site.

2 minutes ago, Wafflehead_Fred said:

Maybe a mod or someone can have him permanently logged in as tribute. He was on all the time. He would say that since he was retired, he had no real schedule so he we sleep whenever he wanted which meant he was up at all hours haha. It makes sense that he seemed to always be on. It also goes to show how much he invested into the site.

Like that idea

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Shane, I know how you feel. Every time I would get on the forum I would always see Mile's name. Many times in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I would get on and there he w was. I would send him a message and ask him if he ever slept and of course he would ask me the same thing. I wish I could of visited him in Colorado and I wish he could of made it to Michigan. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda!
I miss my friend!

That is so true about the early morning, there was times i wondered if he slept...i have even tried to figure out what time it was in Colorado..😂

6 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

Thank you for providing the link and love the picture. If for some reason we don’t meet the goal let me know through pm will donate again hopefully mrs. mile is doing okay. She’s going to need all the support emotionally  it’s not easy losing a love one let alone so close to Christmas.

Thanks, Cali! I've never done a fundraiser like this before so I had no idea what to make for a goal, so I just threw the number out there. I also reached out to the local IU chapter to see if they can distribute to the Colorado IU family and another friend of mine and I posted to a couple of veteran boards, as well. My girlfriend and I have yet to contribute, too, so I'm hoping we soar right over the goal. I completely agree with your sentiments about loss this time of year. I will see her tomorrow as we're attending a funeral for an elderly friend of her family. Tough times all around this year  😪

On 12/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, Calihoosier said:

Almost feels like a bad dream  that he  has reallly  passed  but what I want to remember him by how humble he was and how rarely he spoke about his life I think in one of his posts in the past  he mention he was Vietnam veteran though not sure if that was correct so please correct me if I’m wrong but only mention that once if I remember right from his posting. It really fits his persona never self absorb and was always concern about others he really was a great guy gone too soon. I’m not religious but I really like to believe  there’s  some afterlife after this for his sake because I really like to grow up like him one day he set a  real good example like my father who passed away  five years ago when I was 19  December 10  so I know what’s it like to lose a love one during this time was still numb from the pain going to a funeral during Christmas so for his family’s sake  please let me know how to donate to his wife and i send my condolences to her may he Rest In Peace.

Since this hasn't been mentioned, yes, he was a Vietnam vet. US Army. 

4 hours ago, Wafflehead_Fred said:

Thanks, Cali! I've never done a fundraiser like this before so I had no idea what to make for a goal, so I just threw the number out there. I also reached out to the local IU chapter to see if they can distribute to the Colorado IU family and another friend of mine and I posted to a couple of veteran boards, as well. My girlfriend and I have yet to contribute, too, so I'm hoping we soar right over the goal. I completely agree with your sentiments about loss this time of year. I will see her tomorrow as we're attending a funeral for an elderly friend of her family. Tough times all around this year  😪

Thank you Fred for everything you have done. Mile was blessed to have you as a friend. 

Archived