MILEHIIU has passed away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t been on much lately, lots going on in my little world. I hopped on tonight to see how folks felt about the game, and season thus far. I immediately saw this post and am so saddened to hear of the loss of our friend, Ken. I haven’t posted much recently, but would always get a message from Mile(Ken) when I would. He and CC are the primary reasons why I kept up over the years. I’d get an email from Ken, letting me know when we were merging, or moving on from the old sites. I never met Ken in person, but felt like I’ve known him for 20 years. What a sh!tty year this has turned out to be. May God bless him and his family. He was truly one of the best IU fans I’ve ever talked with. 

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. As much as I love our back and forth conversations on here, I love the friendships even more. 

Haven’t had a chance to comment on this yet... This is just devastating.  Even through an internet message board, you could tell Mile was a truly good person with a great outlook on life.  He loved all things IU, and was really a credit to the institution.  This board won’t be the same without him welcoming new posters, thanking old posters for being members, and telling us “which way the winds were blowing” in recruiting threads.  My prayers go out to his family.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

A GoFundMe

I can only speak for me, but I only knew Eric a little bit and do not know his family. I started this one for Ken because he was a great friend and I'm very close with his family. I'm aware of the financial burden his wife will have. If someone knows more information about Eric's family and can get one started, I would be all for it.

I want to thank everyone for the GoFundMe contributions and to anyone who sent Ken's wife, Jo, a card to the address posted. I am going to shut down the GoFundMe this Friday so if anyone wishes to still contribute, know this would be the deadline for it and anything afterward would have to be mailed to her directly at the address provided in the original post. I'll be adding my own contribution and writing a check to her for the complete amount this weekend.

The family wants to eventually read through this thread once they are ready. A personal thank you to all who commented and shared their feelings and stories of Ken. He was a wonderful person and a great ambassador for IU, but especially this community and it's shown with all the kind words and messages from individuals in this thread.

Archived