MILEHIIU has passed away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the worst news I could’ve seen on this board. I’ve been busy with many other things and unfortunately just came back to read this. Mile was by far my favorite person on this board and every previous board I’ve been on with him. It’s been a long time. He was so awesome and the positivity was contagious. I’m just so sorry to see this. As mentioned earlier keeping this community going is soooo important and probably the best way to honor him. Thanks for the go fund me link. Donation sent. You guys are all awesome. 

1 hour ago, Cheaney40 said:

This is the worst news I could’ve seen on this board. I’ve been busy with many other things and unfortunately just came back to read this. Mile was by far my favorite person on this board and every previous board I’ve been on with him. It’s been a long time. He was so awesome and the positivity was contagious. I’m just so sorry to see this. As mentioned earlier keeping this community going is soooo important and probably the best way to honor him. Thanks for the go fund me link. Donation sent. You guys are all awesome. 

Donation received. Thanks for the support!

19 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Once we get some information from Eric’s family, we will send a mass email to all members with information for both Eric and Ken’s memorial funds. Posting here so others can remind me in case I forget. 

Awesome! I'll keep the GoFundMe for Ken open in that case. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • bluegrassIU unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

My heart is heavy. I have been extremely busy on the home front and haven’t checked in lately. Today I wanted to just jump on here, find the positive and upbeat posts that are common here, revisit the camaraderie that makes this place what it is. I’m a newbie to this board, relatively speaking, and found it during CTC’s last season as my father-in-law was losing his cancer fight. This place was a refuge and Milehi was such a huge part of that. He welcomed me almost right after my first post and made me feel welcomed. I love IUBB but as someone who never played outside of my driveway, I don’t often comment on the technical aspects of the game; I enjoy reading what others say about that. But what I loved about Milehi was that he (along with Colonial Crest) was just the perfect representation of the community of IUBB and what that meant. Because IUBB is more than just X’s and O’s. 

I’ve got a few tears as I write this - this happened almost 2 months ago and I’m just sorry it happened and I missed it. Thank you for posting the GoFundMe info; I’ll donate as soon as I’m able. 

Blessings to you all; I will see you on Tuesday evening, win or lose. This is a community I didn’t realize I’ve missed so much.

Late getting to this thread and didn’t know him anywhere near as well as most of you but I think I’m an example of what many of you have touched on.  I’m a big iu fan but I found this bored through interest in a particular recruit. My interest in that recruit and hopes that iu would recruit him has been, let’s say, controversial at times with as many frustrated by it as interested in it.  Milehi reached out to me several times.  Given his geographic location I’m not sure if the recruiting thread was even of particular interest to him it almost seemed more he didn’t want me to feel Unwelcomed by the fact some folks didn’t share my interest.  I have generally thick skin and self awareness so I wasn’t ever beat up nor did I take any contrary opinions personally but I thought it was unusually classy for a guy to be concerned about whether or not a total stranger and relative new comer was enjoying his experience with the forum.  What a fantastic human being. So sorry to hear the news and so sorry for his family.  He set a hell of an example to follow hopefully we can all push to be like milehi.

Archived