3 Weird Quirks

IUFLA

I have a few weird quirks...

I eat my food one item at a time, always starting with the least favorite thing on my plate, and ending with the dish I like best...

My favorite food is liver...any kind...Beef, chicken...and had a killer goose liver ravioli in DC once...

I haven't used an alarm clock since 1994...not once...and have never been late for anything...

Anybody else?

1. I like making fun of young, stupid people without any common sense. (there's a lot of them !)
  2. I always try to make a task more efficient, even though it really doesn't matter
  3. I will shop for 3 days to save 39¢ on an item, but won't think twice about going out and buying a new truck.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I have a few weird quirks...

I eat my food one item at a time, always starting with the least favorite thing on my plate, and ending with the dish I like best...

My favorite food is liver...any kind...Beef, chicken...and had a killer goose liver ravioli in DC once...

I haven't used an alarm clock since 1994...not once...and have never been late for anything...

Anybody else?

Here's my quirks. Food related. I love tomatoes but can't stand tomato sauce which is probably why I haven't had much pasta dishes in 40 years. Won't eat peaches. Stems from an incident in 3rd grade where we had to clean our tray before recess. Principal forced the peaches down my throat and they slid down....scared me to death.

Other quirks or odd behavior if you call it. For years I ran 8-9 miles per day while keeping up a pack a day habit. I also have never watched one episode of Simpsons. Probably a few others but this is a good start. 

1 hour ago, DWB said:
  1. I will shop for 3 days to save 39¢ on an item, but won't think twice about going out and buying a new truck.

True story that I still laugh about today.  In college, I worked in a grocery store.  The type of store where you could buy your weekly groceries, but not anything like a mega-Kroger.  Anyway, in addition to groceries, we had a small section for auto related stuff.  About a mile and a half from the grocery was a K-Mart.  Had a woman come in the grocery and ask if we sold windshield wiper fluid.  I said we did and walked her back to our auto section.  She looked at the price, huffed, and said "This was 15 cents cheaper at K-Mart.  I'm going back there".  

That was 35 years ago and I still laugh about it when someone tells a 'cheap' story.  

1 hour ago, DWB said:
  1. I like making fun of young, stupid people without any common sense. (there's a lot of them !)
  2. I always try to make a task more efficient, even though it really doesn't matter
  3. I will shop for 3 days to save 39¢ on an item, but won't think twice about going out and buying a new truck.

Regarding #3. I'm probably one of the most frugal shoppers going almost to a fault where I feel like a sucker if I pay retail. Whether it's food/vacations/household appliances,etc...I'd rather go without until I get the price I want. Of course that stems from me spending 120% of what I made during my 20's. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I also have never watched one episode of Simpsons.

So you're the other one...

I guess one other is that I won't eat lettuce on a sandwich...even a BLT is reduced to a BT for me...I love a good salad, but it doesn't go on a sandwich in my world...

Recently, they've tried to trick me with this arugula crap, but I'm on to em now...

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

There isnt very much I wont eat.  The worst food in the world to me, second to oysters is cold leftover potatoes, in any form. I will eat them raw with salt for some reason but cold cooked potatoes are just gross. 

Raw oysters? On a saltine? With Tabasco? Washed down with an icy cold beer? 

That's damn near nirvana for me, my friend...

47 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Raw oysters? On a saltine? With Tabasco? Washed down with an icy cold beer? 

That's damn near nirvana for me, my friend...

Glad you enjoy them. They look like sea boogers to me. But I'm adventurous so if I have I chance to try them fresh I will give them another shot. 

Its probably my grandmas Thanksgiving canned oyster stuffing that turned me off. Yuck. 

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Here is a weird one. 

Asparagus may be my favorite vegetable, love it, especially wrapped in prosciutto.

But, I like they way it makes my pee smell. 

Even weirder, I know a guy that doesnt like bacon. Wtf?  

I would consider smelling your pee to be quirky.  No asparagus involvement needed.

BTW.  My wife loves asparagus wrapped in prosciutto as well.  

Archived