3 Weird Quirks

IUFLA

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've never seen her add that.  I avoid asparagus myself.  

I recommend to her adding parmesan.  

And not trying to roast my previous employer but restrooms were very inadequate and well, disgusting.  I wont miss it. Hence, why asparagus was refreshing, in a weird way. 

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I have a few weird quirks...

I eat my food one item at a time, always starting with the least favorite thing on my plate, and ending with the dish I like best...

My favorite food is liver...any kind...Beef, chicken...and had a killer goose liver ravioli in DC once...

I haven't used an alarm clock since 1994...not once...and have never been late for anything...

Anybody else?

Let me guess...you enjoy the liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...right?   😂

I can’t step on cracks in the sidewalk. I just have to step over them. Every one. 

In the shower I can’t drop the soap when washing my back — if I do it’s gonna be a bad day. 

Like @DWB I’ll go all frugal to save 10 cents at the pump, or buy the cheap bag of pretzels etc, then I’ll drop thousands on a tv or worse, a car...

15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Glad you enjoy them. They look like sea boogers to me. But I'm adventurous so if I have I chance to try them fresh I will give them another shot. 

Its probably my grandmas Thanksgiving canned oyster stuffing that turned me off. Yuck. 

I've converted many a oyster skeptic in my time...When we lived down on the Florida panhandle, I'd take visiting friends and relatives to a place (since closed) named Sam's Oyster House. I'd get them about 4 beers in before I ordered the oysters...Never had one that didn't love them...

My brother in law was adamant that he wouldn't like them...took them there on the first night of there visit, and then every night they stayed...

Killer grilled Amberjack sandwich too...

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've converted many a oyster skeptic in my time...When we lived down on the Florida panhandle, I'd take visiting friends and relatives to a place (since closed) named Sam's Oyster House. I'd get them about 4 beers in before I ordered the oysters...Never had one that didn't love them...

My brother in law was adamant that he wouldn't like them...took them there on the first night of there visit, and then every night they stayed...

We don’t eat oysters (both vegetarian), but we were at our absolute favorite tiny little restaurant in the East Village (Prune) in the early days of living in NYC. The chef was getting famous after writing a best selling book and the place was hard to get into. They had four bar seats and we were at two of them. After our meal, we ordered another round of drinks and then the chef brought out “oysters on the house.” 

My wife looked at me and said, “You have to eat them.”

I responded with “I’m not eating those.”

And she countered with, “You HAVE to eat them, it would be rude not to. We can’t offend the chef.”

I ate the oysters. They were actually not bad. Salty, but not horrible. It may have been the two Manhattans I had, but I wasn’t mad at them. And I managed to spare Gabrielle Hamilton’s feelings that night. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I have spent many an afternoon, and many a dollar for that matter, sitting on the deck at AJ's in Destin overlooking the harbor with a dozen or so on the half shell.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have spent many an afternoon, and many a dollar for that matter, sitting on the deck at AJ's in Destin overlooking the harbor with a dozen or so on the half shell.

Beautiful, isn't it?

I use to like to go to AJ's when they had the Destin Fishing Rodeo...Saw a couple of guys bring up a 7 foot Hammerhead Shark to the dock out front once (1992 maybe?)

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I never wear shoes at the office.  I hate having shoes on. At home I wear socks only but I take them half way off so my heels are exposed. Weird stuff

One of my quirks is similar. Unless I'm swimming or in the shower, there's a 99.99% chance I'll be wearing socks. Yes, including sleeping in them. I apparently have below average circulation or something and my feet stay freezing. 

Archived