Taysir Mack Transfers to Pitt

This is not good.  Mack played alot here and was rising, so it makes no sense, until you realize that a former IU assistant poached him.  That's total B.S.

When IU hired Watson and paid him money for him and his family to live on, I assure you that it was not so that he could steal IU players.  

If I were Fred Glass, I would absolutely push back on this.

IU just SIGNED a 6'4"  and a 6'1' Wide Receiver who WANT TO :PLAY for The HOOSIERS !! I consider that more important than any player who does not want to play for THE HOOSIERS !! Just my way of thinking ,fwiw !!  NEXT MAN UP !! Coach Allen & Staff will have several good receivers to throw to next season , imho !1 GO HOOSIERS !! 

P.S. There were 11 OTHER Wide Receivers listed on the IU football  Roster [LAST SEASON] BESIDE Cobbs & Mack  I Have faith That IU Head Coach and OFFENSIVE coordinater will put some decent WIDE RECEIVERS on the Playing Field in 2018 !!!

P.S. [AGAIN] among those other 11 RECEIVERS on IU 's roster last season were :: 

A 6'3" True Freshman  , TWO 6'2" True Frosh and a 5/11" TRUE FROSH  named Philyor ,who caught a lot of passes for IU last season !! Also , There was a 6'4" and a 6'0" PAIR of Redshirt Freshmen Receivers as well as another 6'2" Redshirt Sophomore RECEIVER !!    I'm not worried about the recieving corps for IU !!!

P.S. [ A GAIN] Just noticed that pee yew LOST THEIR THIRD LEADING RECEIVER form last season as he was a SENIOR who averaged 9.2 yards per catch !! I guess kiu isn't the only B1`0 school to lose a pass catcher !! ( Also- pee yew had 15 Seniors listed on THEIR Roster for last season !! All teams lose pplayers ! I feel IU had a Head VCoach who is gonig to recruit and field a MUCH BETTER DEFENSIVE team for THE HOOSIERS !! I guess that is why they play the games !! 

While it sucks Mack is leaving knowing he's a very promising player ,   I agree with you 100% HTD ! 

If they want to play elsewhere , I hope they don't let the door hit them where the good Lord split them!!    Plus as you stated they have some talented capable players in the program , so it isn't a loss the team can't overcome right away. 

Good luck!  Goodbye! Good riddance! 

Normally, I would agree with you guys.  But, there is a legal order to things.  I would investigate the tampering aspect.  It is a pretty bizarre circumstance for a player on the rise, who played alot and was featured as a freshman, to then leave school 

It's too easy to say, "if he doesn't want to be here, then we don't want him."  That's a nice slogan, but the circumstance smells.  IU invested in the kid and there was an opportunity cost to developing Mack over another kid who might have been developed instead.  You don't want your school to be a patsy and be exploited.

This comes up in the business world.  Company A invests in a promising young talent.  Competitor B hires supervisor from company A.  Supervisor then raids Company A for in-house know-how.  Company A could have invested in somebody else instead, and what's worse, your talent walked out the door.  You might have an action.

Here, I believe IU has an opportunity to sign off on the transfer.  I think if they do not agree to Pitt, then Mack can go play someplace else.  I'd play hardball. You could allow a transfer but exclude any school that hires Watson.   I'm not letting tampering occur by a former employee who we paid a salary to and gave an opportunity to.  If he doesn't like it, he can pound sand.  Don't let yourself be a patsy.  It will keep happening then.

Word travels fast in coaching circles.  You can spread the word on Watson.  Beware hiring him because he will raid your roster when he leaves.   This is how Watson should have handled it.  "Hi Taysir, you know how much I like you.  I wish you the best.  Ethically, IU hired me and and gave me an opportunity, and you should know my word and ethics are all I have at the end of the day.  If you are dead set against staying at IU, you can call me for advice on any school but Pitt.  I owe that to IU."  And Taysir would have learned a valuable lesson on how to handle yourself.  

On 12/21/2017 at 12:22 PM, IU Scott said:

Had not even heard that he planned to transfer until this message

On 12/21/2017 at 11:51 AM, btownqb said:

Wtf

On 12/21/2017 at 12:28 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

This is not good.  Mack played alot here and was rising, so it makes no sense, until you realize that a former IU assistant poached him.  That's total B.S.

When IU hired Watson and paid him money for him and his family to live on, I assure you that it was not so that he could steal IU players.  

If I were Fred Glass, I would absolutely push back on this.

Sorry guys, could not say a word. I did try to warn you there were some unfortunate surprises coming. Mack, Simmie, and Lagow were all roommates so they all lived the experience, with the coaching effort, of the season very close. You have to ask yourself how bad things have to be with the offense scheme to have a guy like Mack leave, who did have success, want out that bad. I am concerned that there are a couple of others that will be a surprise. This has nothing to do with a coach poaching a player, his mind was made up long before he had contact with them.

50 minutes ago, Payday said:

Sorry guys, could not say a word. I did try to warn you there were some unfortunate surprises coming. Mack, Simmie, and Lagow were all roommates so they all lived the experience, with the coaching effort, of the season very close. You have to ask yourself how bad things have to be with the offense scheme to have a guy like Mack leave, who did have success, want out that bad. I am concerned that there are a couple of others that will be a surprise. This has nothing to do with a coach poaching a player, his mind was made up long before he had contact with them.

Are there issues with the entire staff or just the offensive coaches?

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Are there issues with the entire staff or just the offensive coaches?

They were just a young staff (as far as working together) still coming together and there was a blunder in the last game that had the receiver signals and the qb signals on different channels till about mid in the third......I think there was a lot of frustration. But, that is any first year staff, it is usually resolved earlier, but I am sure that hey will be fine and everyone will get on the same channel.  They get a new group, new season, and time to really hit their stride now.

I thought Debord was a transition OC for a year or 2, and that someone else on the staff would take his place.  Is that not the case anymore?  I agree that I was not impressed with him running the offense this year.  Similar to the Jump made when Wilson brought in Allen, now Allen needs to bring someone that can bring it full force on offense.

5 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I thought Debord was a transition OC for a year or 2, and that someone else on the staff would take his place.  Is that not the case anymore?  I agree that I was not impressed with him running the offense this year.  Similar to the Jump made when Wilson brought in Allen, now Allen needs to bring someone that can bring it full force on offense.

Matt Canada?

15 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Matt Canada?

Wow, nice catch.  I didn’t realize he could be leaving LSU.  I do not know if Canada and Allen have a warm relationship.  Canada was OC at IU for at least some overlap with Allen at Ben Davis.  But, does Allen stay with Debord?  Canada would be expensive too.  But he is an Indiana guy.  

I told Cam Cameron I had hoped he would be offered the job last year and then they hired Allen and Deboring. Maybe they should make a call to him this time around and see if he will be the OC. They also have to get a DC, the head coach needs to captain the ship, he should not be handling either side of the ball. The problem we face right now as a program is that very few high profile coordinators like the idea of going to a coach with limited experience like Allen and at a non top tier program. By top tier, I mean the Ohio, Alabama’s of the world. It is just really difficult to attract. You almost have to home grow the coaches.

11 hours ago, Payday said:

I told Cam Cameron I had hoped he would be offered the job last year and then they hired Allen and Deboring. Maybe they should make a call to him this time around and see if he will be the OC. They also have to get a DC, the head coach needs to captain the ship, he should not be handling either side of the ball. The problem we face right now as a program is that very few high profile coordinators like the idea of going to a coach with limited experience like Allen and at a non top tier program. By top tier, I mean the Ohio, Alabama’s of the world. It is just really difficult to attract. You almost have to home grow the coaches.

Great call.  I go after Cam and name him associate HC.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why Cam because LSU ran him out of town because there passing game was brutal.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

And Les Miles says hello.

Les Miles may have ruined his career. Miles brought him in because of his abilities and because there were boosters demanding more offense, then miles would not let him run the offense. Then they were both sent out the door.

9 minutes ago, Payday said:

Les Miles may have ruined his career. Miles brought him in because of his abilities and because there were boosters demanding more offense, then miles would not let him run the offense. Then they were both sent out the door.

Exactlty.  

On 12/22/2017 at 5:15 PM, Payday said:

They were just a young staff (as far as working together) still coming together and there was a blunder in the last game that had the receiver signals and the qb signals on different channels till about mid in the third......I think there was a lot of frustration. But, that is any first year staff, it is usually resolved earlier, but I am sure that hey will be fine and everyone will get on the same channel.  They get a new group, new season, and time to really hit their stride now.

Our biggest game of the year, and that happens?  Honestly, how does that happen?

Archived