Northwestern Game Thread

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

seriously?  we're going with that now?  5-8 years?  good players only stay in college 1-2 years these days.  

That's what someone in this board said to me when I was crying that Miller has had some of the best recruiting flares in the conference since he's been here so being expected to finish 7th is disappointing. But I've decided to put on my rose colored glasses so everything it looks great. Next year without TJD will be even better.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's what someone in this board said to me when I was crying that Miller has had some of the best recruiting flares in the conference since he's been here so being expected to finish 7th is disappointing. But I've decided to put on my rose colored glasses so everything it looks great. Next year without TJD will be even better.

i hear ya.  i wonder where all of the Negative Nancys are when i post.  Scott and all of the other Sunshine guys pounce on me and no one ever jumps in.  😪

Once I stop typing is when apathy has set in. At this point I'm pissed because I care. I don't understand a game where a team cannot break a zone and figure out a way to get TJD more than 4 shots. Dribble around dribble around pass to corner pass to wing....look look and miss shot. That's our offense vs a zone. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Franklin, Galloway, Lander backcourt?

This is where I'm at. Lander needs to be better defensively but Rob and Al just don't do anything for me. Rob is usually good defensively but neither of them are looking to attack on offense. It completely cripples the flow of our offense and usually results in something rushed/sloppy at the end of the shot clock.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

good advice, but it's tough.  i think the key is to take my approach.  be consistently pessimistic.  

Whatever gets you to the next day, my friend. 

The best advice I saw a long time ago: this is all supposed to be an escape from our crappy realities, not an extension of it. Enjoy it for the break from the mundane of life and everything starts to look rosy no matter what!

Archived