Northwestern post game...

As I stated in the game thread, I've always been the eternal optimist, "sunshine pumper", whatever you want to call it. Especially with CAM. I LOVED the hire. I truly believed we would win banners with him. Even through our struggles in Maui, etc.

But at this point, I'm just sick of it. Year 4 of scoring droughts, poor FT/perimeter shooting, and jekyll and hyde performances. At some point the well of excuses run dry. This is, effectively, his team. Only Crean recruit left is Al.

Still believe we can turn this around and have a productive season, but it seems less likely then not. This is a middle of the pack, bubble team. Hope I'm wrong, but hard to see how I would be.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Meh, I’ve seen us play worst

Yes, they've come a long way. In year 1 & 2 if Miller this would've been a 20+ point loss. Last year it would've been 10+ points. This year it's only a 7 point loss. Improvement! Why won't the Negative Nancy's just recognize that kind of improvement?

1 minute ago, NY hoosier said:

I like the idea of Archie, but it doesn’t seem like he is an elite level coach. Recruits just ok, we don’t seem to have fire or accountability 

He has not imposed the play-hard, hard nosed, lunch-bucket culture many of us expected. The defense has certainly improved over his tenure (in some games greatly improved), but the inconsistent effort etc is a pattern, not an anomaly.  

I am worried that we are going to waste TJD’s career at IU. He seems to be the only one who cares at times. I am trying to be optimistic, but this loss combined with the overall strength of the  league and some recruiting whiffs has a sky is falling kind of a feel. Wonder if John Favreau or Dave Filoni know anything about basketball. Because they may be the only ones capable of resurrecting the IU legend. In other news, Merry Christmas to everyone. At the end of the day, it’s just a game played by kids. But wow, a frustrating loss.

I said after the Texas loss I think each season deserves it's own living being or body of work. I'll judge the program after the season. I'll stay with that train but man.....I don't know if it's our "Indiana High School Players" or what....but something isn't working. TJD ends up with 20+ but only 3 shots in first 18 minutes. Up 5 and turnover turnover turnover bad shot.....it's just off. The whole thing is just off. 

This was totally and utterly embarrassing for IU to ever to lose at home to NW. Sure miss the days when we had a 28 game winning streak against them and a 32 game streak against UW.  I guess I have hit the wall and I am tired of trying to find a silver lining after everyone of these embarrassing losses.  How can AL and RP been playing together for 3 years but they have not gotten any better at running the team.  How in the world do we let a no name bum kill us for 17 points in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Also maybe it is time to bring in the next up and coming mid major coach to see if he can turn it around in 4 years.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This was totally and utterly embarrassing for IU to ever to lose at home to NW. Sure miss the days when we had a 28 game winning streak against them and a 32 game streak against UW.  I guess I have hit the wall and I am tired of trying to find a silver lining after everyone of these embarrassing losses.  How can AL and RP been playing together for 3 years but they have not gotten any better at running the team.  How in the world do we let a no name bum kill us for 17 points in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Also maybe it is time to bring in the next up and coming mid major coach to see if he can turn it around in 4 years.

That mid major coach will be IUs only option. At the time thought both Crean and Miller had a chance to be really successful. Neither were/are.  We will have to roll the dice again because there is no “sure” thing taking the job. 

Archived