Northwestern post game...

Let's just stop the crazy talk about Archie...he's not going anywhere...

I told you guys 2 things before the season even started...that Northwestern was going to surprise some people, and if Al Durham is starting for us, we'll never challenge for the B1G title...

2 people killed us down the stretch...Audige and Al...

But, it's a long season...bring on the Illini...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Well I sincerely hope you get better soon. I just got a call fro my mom right before tip off. She has to quarantine due to exposure. She is showing no symptoms though so hopefully that continues. 

How old is she because the older they are the more precaution she should take.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It all points back to guard play guard play guard play. Rob and Al are simply put not playing up to snuff. They are maxed out on their potential and it simply isn’t good enough. They just aren’t getting better. We have some guys like Armaan, Trayce, Trey, and Race that have shown me some things but man our junior and senior starting guards are not good at all...honestly they might not start on another team in the B1G. We just have to get much better there...more talented. Problem is Trayce will be leaving and then what will we have....yikes.

Even some of us eternal optimists are struggling with Rob/Al....and Jerome too. Like I said in game thread. I'm all ears for solutions. Do we go the Painter/Purdue route and just tell the fans it's going to be 3 years while we develop Lander/Galloway/Leal,etc....and have a good team once every 4? 

Trust me I know TJD is gone. Can't even get to that point yet unless 1-2 high grad transfers happen. 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Let's just stop the crazy talk about Archie...he's not going anywhere...

I told you guys 2 things before the season even started...that Northwestern was going to surprise some people, and if Al Durham is starting for us, we'll never challenge for the B1G title...

2 people killed us down the stretch...Audige and Al...

But, it's a long season...bring on the Illini...

Does the kid for Illinois get to play after the double T tonight?

This big10 will expose weaknesses.  We have a lot.  Trace and Franklin are stepping up, and Galloway is doing well as a frosh.  Everyone else needs to buckle up, especially our coach.  Bottom line it’s his program after 4 yrs.  we struggle to shoot 3s, struggle at the line, nobody on the perimeter is willing or able to get downhill to the rim in half court.  Things need to change fast.  Slam me for expecting a bit more if you feel I’m off base.  Frustrated beyond belief. 

lastly, ROB, please realize your talent and potential.  We need you, be aggressive getting to the rim.  

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Even some of us eternal optimists are struggling with Rob/Al....and Jerome too. Like I said in game thread. I'm all ears for solutions. Do we go the Painter/Purdue route and just tell the fans it's going to be 3 years while we develop Lander/Galloway/Leal,etc....and have a good team once every 4? 

Trust me I know TJD is gone. Can't even get to that point yet unless 1-2 high grad transfers happen. 

I would give it 4 or 5 more games but if I don’t see improvement I’m benching Rob and Al and playing Lander and Galloway...sure we will lose some but at least they will grow up. At some point you have to give other guys chances. If that means Hunter and Al sits and Geronimo and Trey and freshman play so be it.

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

Start Lander and Galloway.  Franklin has made the jump to a big ten guard. Al and Rob have peaked,  and in my opinion are not big ten starting guard material.  I know we need bigs, but college basketball is a guards game. And we are starting two of the worst in the league

Yes, I’m at the point (although I’ve defended RP to this point) where both need to sit. RP just hasn’t gotten any better. If he can’t make shots occasionally he’s worthless. Al is just not good enough from a talent standpoint or decision making standpoint. Hate to go there with a kid, but some just don’t have basketball IQs. He’s one of those people. 

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Who do we want as our next coach.  Archie, thought you were the guy but it sure isn’t looking promising.  Your best player shot the ball 12-13 times, and he’s a post player.  Give him 20+ shots a game!! Bobby Knight isn’t walking through that door unfortunately.  Been a long time since I didn’t care if I watched another IU game.  I’m at that point now, as a fan I’m just tired of getting my hopes up. I’ll watch if there isn’t anything else going on, but the days of scheduling things around IU basketball are over for me.  Never thought I’d say that, we aren’t elite anymore, haven’t been for almost 30 years and it doesn’t look like we will be in my lifetime again.  This will be my last post on here for a while, I’m going to find something else to invest my time in.  Love ya guys and hoping everyone enjoys their families and friends this Christmas.  Signing off! ✌🏻

There's always IU football.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You are not telling people 3 years at that point, you are telling them 7.  The school has already sold that the past 3 years.  Apparently one Crean player is still too much for Miller to overcome.

The bill is coming due and this year is going to be a struggle if crap don't change quick.  And that puts Miller firmly on the hot seat next year.  He better pray TJD sticks around another tear if that is the case because he has not recruited well enough to rely on what he has left.

23 minutes ago, IUguy said:

NW is just as good as IU defensively but has more shooters.  One guy got hot and carried them in the last five minutes.    We need someone like that as well as much better free throw shooting and fewer turnovers.

Read back what you wrote...comparing IU and Northestern and wishing we had what they have. Thats f'ing nuts. This program is a dumpster fire.

There isn't enough lipstick for this pig.  Almost as demoralizing as the egg the team laid the night CBK returned. Simply no Offense and even Defense is inconsistent.

Effective immediately my new starting lineup for the remainder of the season.  Trial by fire preparing for future if there is ever going to be one.

G-Lander G-Franklin G-Gallaway F-Geronimo F-TJD

Bench Al, RP, Hunter, and even Thompson are simply not showing sufficient progress. Subs only.  

We just don’t have that guy on the perimeter that can get his own shot or get to the rim and finish. Al and Rob can’t beat their man and can’t finish. It’s why I’m sick of people saying oh I don’t want 5* talented kid because he wants to go to the nba blah blah blah. Well if not we are stuck with guys like Al and Rob who are limited physically and we are going to struggle. We need some studs my friends. 

Something needs to change. In that vein, since this was a loss I'm actually kind of disappointed that it was a close enough loss that Lander didn't get more minutes and Leal and Galloway didn't see the floor. Maybe @Hoosierhoopster is right and the best way to get improvement this season would be for them to see more (or any) PT. Right now blow out wins and losses seem to be the only way.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You are not telling people 3 years at that point, you are telling them 7.  The school has already sold that the past 3 years.  Apparently one Crean player is still too much for Miller to overcome.

The bill is coming due and this year is going to be a struggle if crap don't change quick.  And that puts Miller firmly on the hot seat next year.  He better pray TJD sticks around another tear if that is the case because he has not recruited well enough to rely on what he has left.

It would be a big mistake to stick with Miller next year if this year is a disappointment.  Admit your mistake and start over sooner rather than later.  

Archived