2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

• 4 weeks later...

We have been making a ton of top "X" lists lately.  Most guys in the top 500 range with some really good offers.  Really itching to see who we'll start getting in this class!  I would think there would have to be some commits starting pretty soon.

Kiyaunta Goodwin - Top 13 (doubt we have any shot, but still good to see)

Omar Graham - Top 10

Jordan Allen - Top 15

Edwin Wilson Tara Kolenge - Top 8

Ashton Whitner - top of his list

Marquis Gracial - Top 8

Melvin Jordan - Top 5

Demon Moore - Top 8

Jadairion Smith - Top 4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hit on one of those 4 above and it's hugeeee.

Absolutely.  If we can get more stud athletic pass rushers we go to another level (although I am hoping Robbins and Murphy turn it on, it’s time).  And it looks like we are doing our level best to keep accumulating speed all over the D.  Fast LB, S, and husky are brutal to face.  It makes the field feel smaller IMO.  Especially from guys not afraid to pop you.  

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hit on one of those 4 above and it's hugeeee.

Along with those 4, we're warm with Mullen, Strickland, and the 3 guys we're following the picture posted. For some reason Cooper is listed as cool, but I'm assuming that should be warm too.

The talent we're after this year is massive.  I almost feel bad saying it, but if this isn't our highest ranked class ever on 247, I'll be disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Absolutely.  If we can get more stud athletic pass rushers we go to another level (although I am hoping Robbins and Murphy turn it on, it’s time).  And it looks like we are doing our level best to keep accumulating speed all over the D.  Fast LB, S, and husky are brutal to face.  It makes the field feel smaller IMO.  Especially from guys not afraid to pop you.  

All of our blitzing last year was great, but I'm with you. We really need to get someone who can rush the passer on their own.  We won't always have a lock down secondary like we do now that let's us be that aggressive blitzing.

On the other hand, maybe we will continue having lock down DBs. I wouldn't hate that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@KDB you're the man!!

We needed some new threads!

June is a huge month for IU. 16 recruits taking official visits that month, 7 of them being 4-stars on 247.

IU only had four 4-stars visit the entire 2020 cycle, and they have 7 visiting for just the month of June for 2022. Pretty wild.

• Like 3

• KDB pinned this topic
  • Leathernecks changed the title to 2022 Class Rankings and Discussion
6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

image.png.81739b64638b4b6f47cb3cdab93ea26e.png

It’s probably a good trait for coaches to have a little OCD lol.  You want your players to get things right.

It’s a chicken or egg situation.  Do you have OCD because you’re a coach or are you drawn to coaching because you have OCD.  I’m just joking if it’s not obvious.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

@KDB   Major props for all those player visits.  Lot of very good ranked kids. Hopefully we reel in our share! 

I’m pleasantly surprised as to how many “last scheduled” visits we’re getting. If you’re not out front by a long margin (i.e. an early commit situation) you wanna be last...really hope this is a top 15ish recruiting class to give this program the talent and credibility it deserves 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...