2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

You can see our recruiting strategy... 

1. Make impressions with a ton of 200-600 ranked players and layout out a plan on when they could be on the field at Indiana. Grab 8-12 of those kids a year

2. Be very good in the transfer portal. We've done that for a couple of years now. 6-8 of those a year year.  

3. Look at 4-6 "projects" every year. Projects simply meaning they aren't going to be on the field right away. 

4. Have very good walk ons. And this isn't to be taken lightly. We have very good walkons. Lots of kids that would get scholarships at D2 schools maybe even FCS. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

No idea if this guy knows anything or not, but he seems to think there will be a commitment from someone besides Mullen soon.

Pretty bold prediction,  even with all the official visitors that have been on campus this month.

Hope he is right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I think he is NEB bound

That is a little surprising.  I felt like we had a good shot here.  If he wants to join that sinking ship more power to him.

Definitely like where our recruiting is right now.  Not a huge blow to the class if we miss out.  Makes me think with Mullen committed and Spells as a possibility the staff backed off a little. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy06 said:

That is a little surprising.  I felt like we had a good shot here.  If he wants to join that sinking ship more power to him.

Definitely like where our recruiting is right now.  Not a huge blow to the class if we miss out.  Makes me think with Mullen committed and Spells as a possibility the staff backed off a little. 

If we can get Spells too, that would be 2 top 250 CBs in the same class, and our #3 and #8 commits ever in the 247 rankings.  If that happens, we'd forget we ever recruited Monds.  And that's not a slight on him.  I'd gladly take him too, but Mullen and Spells in the same class would be epic.

• Like 1