2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Anyone know what this is?

He's getting a new job?

From the little bit I looked, it looks like he was a video guy (creative content creator) the last few years.  I don't see anything about him knowing recruits or doing edits for recruits, so I would guess it isn't recruiting related.  I have been wrong before though.

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

He's getting a new job?

From the little bit I looked, it looks like he was a video guy (creative content creator) the last few years.  I don't see anything about him knowing recruits or doing edits for recruits, so I would guess it isn't recruiting related.  I have been wrong before though.

You are probably right, most likely nothing recruiting wise 

30 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That is really cool to see.  For reference, a couple years ago I did a post about the 2019 vs 2013 classes and had the P5 offers listed for all recruits.  The average now is almost double what it was 2 years ago.

image.thumb.png.2799e1743929304b14d194ddeb8f93b3.png

Did Ellis really not have any P5 offers? 

Outside of that top few in 2013 the offers were pretty slim. I thought I’d noticed the competition for recruits had improved so it’s nice to see something quantitative. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Did Ellis really not have any P5 offers? 

Outside of that top few in 2013 the offers were pretty slim. I thought I’d noticed the competition for recruits had improved so it’s nice to see something quantitative. 

Here's Ellis's recruiting profile. Only shows 5 offers, no other P5. Shocking he didn't have other offers. He also was committed to Central Michigan before flipping to come here, so maybe there was a lot more interest off the record.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

That is really cool to see.  For reference, a couple years ago I did a post about the 2019 vs 2013 classes and had the P5 offers listed for all recruits.  The average now is almost double what it was 2 years ago.

image.thumb.png.2799e1743929304b14d194ddeb8f93b3.png

Both of these data tables are pretty interesting.  I love stuff like this.  One small thing that might make them even more telling is to add in visits from these players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

This guys has been right before.  He is lucky or has sources.   Time will tell.

The RB would have to be flipping Jointer from Arkansas.  WR would be Cooper probably.  DL could be one (or 2) of several guys.

It sounds like Gaines has been high on IU for a while.  Strickland is on campus now, but I have no idea what his decision timeline is. Leathernecks posted that Durant is announcing on July 4.

It has been a fun month, definitely want to keep the momentum going!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

This guys has been right before.  He is lucky or has sources.   Time will tell.

The RB would have to be flipping Jointer from Arkansas.  WR would be Cooper probably.  DL could be one (or 2) of several guys.

It sounds like Gaines has been high on IU for a while.  Strickland is on campus now, but I have no idea what his decision timeline is. Leathernecks posted that Durant is announcing on July 4.

It has been a fun month, definitely want to keep the momentum going!

This tweet definitely seems more like he might have inside sources. One of his last tweets was that we could get a couple commitments after crystal balls for Hoover and Cooper got updated. This one will be interesting to follow.

I agree with everything you said.

RB would have to be Jointer I would think.

WR either Cooper or Gaines who is in this weekend and who is from Penix's high school.

Outside of Strickland or Durant, not sure who else it would be on DL either. Maybe Jamari Lyons, but I have no idea what our chances are or if he's committing soon.

• Like 1