2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

If we do get Strickland and Moore, our class would be ranked 15th overall.  Those two used to seem somewhat far fetched, but lately it is seeming like we might lead for both.

If we get the two of them, it would take our class ranking up to around 192 with 13 commits (currently at 171).  Last year was 177 with 14 commits.  2020 was 177 with 20 commits.  2019, which was a great class, was 202 with 23 commits.  We're really in uncharted territory without Strickland and Moore, and if they commit, we'll be well on our way to demolishing our best class ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

If we do get Strickland and Moore, our class would be ranked 15th overall.  Those two used to seem somewhat far fetched, but lately it is seeming like we might lead for both.

If we get the two of them, it would take our class ranking up to around 192 with 13 commits (currently at 171).  Last year was 177 with 14 commits.  2020 was 177 with 20 commits.  2019, which was a great class, was 202 with 23 commits.  We're really in uncharted territory without Strickland and Moore, and if they commit, we'll be well on our way to demolishing our best class ever.

Why stop there? What would our ranking be with Curry added to Moore and Strickland? I set no limits on CTA!

• Like 1

I've been looking into the situation going on at Arizona State and how it could impact Alfonzo Allen. One thing I've found says that ASU paid for 3 recruit's and family members flights in March during the dead period. The 3 recruits were from Florida who had offers from all the blue blood schools,  but no names are mentioned. Allen committed to ASU in March, and has offers from everybody. If one was him, I wonder if he'd even be able to play at ASU.

Then, shortly after the scandal breaks, he decides he wants to visit IU. The timing of all this seems really interesting. I can't imagine any of the recruits would be punished too hard, if at all, for going to other schools.  When Notre Dame was put on probation a few months ago for recruiting violations, they couldn't recruit that player, or anyone at the high school where the violations took place. I wonder if Allen was one of the guys on the visit and might not be able to stay at ASU.

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I've been looking into the situation going on at Arizona State and how it could impact Alfonzo Allen. One thing I've found says that ASU paid for 3 recruit's and family members flights in March during the dead period. The 3 recruits were from Florida who had offers from all the blue blood schools,  but no names are mentioned. Allen committed to ASU in March, and has offers from everybody. If one was him, I wonder if he'd even be able to play at ASU.

Then, shortly after the scandal breaks, he decides he wants to visit IU. The timing of all this seems really interesting. I can't imagine any of the recruits would be punished too hard, if at all, for going to other schools.  When Notre Dame was put on probation a few months ago for recruiting violations, they couldn't recruit that player, or anyone at the high school where the violations took place. I wonder if Allen was one of the guys on the visit and might not be able to stay at ASU.

Here me out.. Allen McCullough x2 as our three safeties. Shew

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Been reading a little bit on the ASU forums, they seemed to be super nervous since nothing has been released regarding their punishments. And it seems like the 2022 class might be playing under a different staff, due to some believe Herm Edwards will retire and staff probably ditching 

If we could get Ramsey, Moore, Strickland, and Alfonzo Allen, I wouldn't really care who else we got.  It looks like we have a really good shot with all of them.  That would be an incredible class with talent everywhere.  It would also about guarantee a top 25 class.  Trying not to get too excited, but it is getting tough!

20 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If we could get Ramsey, Moore, Strickland, and Alfonzo Allen, I wouldn't really care who else we got.  It looks like we have a really good shot with all of them.  That would be an incredible class with talent everywhere.  It would also about guarantee a top 25 class.  Trying not to get too excited, but it is getting tough!

Has there been movement on the Alfonzo Allen front? Isn’t he committed elsewhere?

1 minute ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Has there been movement on the Alfonzo Allen front? Isn’t he committed elsewhere?

I posted something about it last night in this thread. He's committed to Arizona State, but he seemed to start looking at us seriously right after news of their scandal broke. I wonder if he'll even be eligible to go to ASU.

• Thanks 1