Leathernecks

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Payne RB

Allen S

Livingston OL

Strickland DE

Curry DE

Marshall DT

Pull two of those D linemen and maybe (at least) four of those six and our class will be just about perfect.

Just based on some of the things on Twitter the last couple days, I might replace Livingston with Trent Ramsey.  Seems like there hasn't been much about Livingston, and reading the Twitter tea leaves (that's scary!), things could be picking up with Ramsey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Just based on some of the things on Twitter the last couple days, I might replace Livingston with Trent Ramsey.  Seems like there hasn't been much about Livingston, and reading the Twitter tea leaves (that's scary!), things could be picking up with Ramsey.

I had just added Ramsey at the same time you were typing yours.  I had just remembered the text from Kaiden (I think) about Ramsey.  Rammer or Ram tough nicknames are ready.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, btownqb said:

This past year we added 20. 

Plus: Johnson, Johnson, Crider, Scott, Whop, Swann, Jakes, Lewis, Passmore, Mayala, Whitehead, Williams, Reece... 

Are there others I'm missing we lost that were on scholly? 

Additionally.. not counting transfers, I think we're at 14 available schollys on guessing on who's going pro for next year and is a SR: Fryfogle, Matthews, Matthews, MCfadden, Mullen, Anderson, Powell, Norwah, Layne, Ball, Kramer, Ziemba, Hendershot, Taylor.. 

That's also not counting who will transfer 5-8 guys, then the grad transfers we will grab. I do think we will see a fair amount of transfers because of lack of class balance because of the covid year, I hate it, but I see it coming. Not much anyone can do about it.  That's 19-22 guys (ish).. very tough to configure all this. Basically.. Hopefully... we can take 18 guys in this class. 

18 and 4 grad transfers. 

Wish we had a clear cut answer here. Oh well

Part of the beast

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Basically.. I dont think we'd turn Ramsey down. 

Yeah, with his rank and offer list, I'm assuming he's skilled enough he wouldn't get turned down.  I'm sure the staff wants to hold X number of scholarships for bringing in transfers next spring/summer, but I would think they'd gladly turn one of those into Ramsey.

• Like 1

Just talking about OL guys coming up to the college level, Sales this year, and potentially Smith, Ramsey, Moore, and Lynch.  That corps would give all of us confidence in the potential of this line for the foreseeable future.  

I think Btown is money on his prediction of Lynch kicking inside to center.  He looks like he would profile well that way.  

They may not all pan out.  That's just the nature of it.  But we are talking about some guys with very good potential with good odds.