2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You couldn't have a more imbalanced conference if Gary Barta hired 20 mathematicians with Ph.D.'s from MIT who tried with all their might to put together the most imbalanced conference possible.  

Ive been wanting to move to a North v South setup for years.
South: IU, Purdue, OSU, Illini, Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland vs North: Iowa, NW, Minny, Wisky, UM, MSU and PSU. 

Without a random assortment, hard to see us getting away from OSU every year but this at least levels the field.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Ive been wanting to move to a North v South setup for years.
South: IU, Purdue, OSU, Illini, Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland vs North: Iowa, NW, Minny, Wisky, UM, MSU and PSU. 

Without a random assortment, hard to see us getting away from OSU every year but this at least levels the field.  

I still think those divisions are pretty lopsided unless IU develops into a consistent contender or somehow Nebraska or some dark horse like Rutgers does.

Penn State/Michigan/Wisconsin/Iowa in one division is brutal and Michigan State used to be a power too, we will see what they do under a new coach but yeah... I’m not sure that fixes much outside of swapping which division is the problem.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I still think those divisions are pretty lopsided unless IU develops into a consistent contender or somehow Nebraska or some dark horse like Rutgers does.

Penn State/Michigan/Wisconsin/Iowa in one division is brutal and Michigan State used to be a power too, we will see what they do under a new coach but yeah... I’m not sure that fixes much outside of swapping which division is the problem.

I have to Imagine Nebraska will find a way to be relevant again and if Rutgers is going to recruit like this under Schiano, they’ll be at the top of the conference in no time. It’s not perfect but it’s better than what we have now. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Don't think that's anything. It is so good to see even the "vets" have still bought it.  

I know it's simple, but it truly is remarkable what you can accomplish when a collective group of individuals don't care who gets the credit. Even better when it's young people. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't think that's anything. It is so good to see even the "vets" have still bought it.  

I know it's simple, but it truly is remarkable what you can accomplish when a collective group of individuals don't care who gets the credit. Even better when it's young people. 

Yea, I thought it was something at first, but it looks like CTA had the defensive guys at his house for like a BBQ

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Found the guy, ATH Phillip Dunnam 

https://247sports.com/Player/Phillip-Dunnam-46113843/

That seems really odd. I couldn't even find him on Rivals, and his offer list is not great. With how successful our recruiting has been, this would be a really weird commitment.

If he does commit, it would be really interesting to get some more information on him. The staff would obviously see something if they take him.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

That seems really odd. I couldn't even find him on Rivals, and his offer list is not great. With how successful our recruiting has been, this would be a really weird commitment.

If he does commit, it would be really interesting to get some more information on him. The staff would obviously see something if they take him.

At first, I thought he pinged a CB for Najlik Kelly, since an article came out for his recruitment. But Dunnam, the only impressive off I saw was Florida State

looking at Dunnam's profile on 247, he has family ties to the NFL.

- EJ Biggers (Cousin): former CB at Western Michigan - 7th round draft pick in 2009 (bounced around the league to several teams)

- Louis Delmas (Cousin): former DB at Western Michigan that was a 2nd rd pick in 2009 - named to the all rookie team and played for the Lions and Dolphins.

he caught 43 passes for 710 yds and 10 tds in 7 games last year's shortened season and had 3 interceptions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I love it. Trust YOUR eyes, NOT a scouts. 

It's your team, it's your school, it's your program. CTA knows what WE need, I have no clue if this kid can play, but truthfully, 247 doesn't either and their job isn't on the line like CTAs is with essentially each recruit. 

(I know you aren't questioning him at all lol) 

I just love this stuff. I find diamonds in the rough very intriguing. Like half the starters in the last SB were 2 star recruits or something "other". It's not a line I want to be walking with 8 to 10 recruits a year, but 1 or 2. Heck yeah!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I love it. Trust YOUR eyes, NOT a scouts. 

It's your team, it's your school, it's your program. CTA knows what WE need, I have no clue if this kid can play, but truthfully, 247 doesn't either and their job isn't on the line like CTAs is with essentially each recruit. 

(I know you aren't questioning him at all lol) 

I just love this stuff. I find diamonds in the rough very intriguing. Like half the starters in the last SB were 2 star recruits or something "other". It's not a line I want to be walking with 8 to 10 recruits a year, but 1 or 2. Heck yeah!

Exactly. It’s only one unknown kid so I completely agree. We used to have 3-5 recruits per year at a similar stature. CTA has a knack for finding potential on the defensive side of the ball and developing it so maybe this kid can turn into a Marcelino Ball or McFaddon caliber player…if not, you always need more speed on the scout team. Picking up a recent offer from FSU is nothing to to scoff at either. He also clearly hasn’t been evaluated by the recruiting sites so I expect this to change at some point in his senior season and he’ll have a rating. 

Edited by Hoosier82