2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Well...the question was actually worded weird, also, his string stories is throwing off the fanbases too 

It’s either intentionally throwing people off or a slip up. He also said he wants to study engineering. All material signs point away from Bloomington. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Where do we look now if Strickland commits to PU? Ramsey and Payne?

I don't know what our chances our, but it seems like Nyjalik Kelly really likes IU, and it seems like we are legitimately in the running. Wouldn't be surprised to see us put a full court press on for him.

The good thing is, we probably only need about half a dozen more recruits, so we can be picky. I'm guessing we swing for the fences for a few months.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Don’t forget about Alfonso Allen too or Danny Lewis

I would guess Alfonso Allen boils down to his eligibility. Not sure when the decisions about ASU will happen, but I'm guessing it could be a while before anything is known about that.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't one of the recruits in question there, so I can't imagine he'd be eligible at ASU. I would guess right now the wait is to see if he'd be eligible at other places.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would guess Alfonso Allen boils down to his eligibility. Not sure when the decisions about ASU will happen, but I'm guessing it could be a while before anything is known about that.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't one of the recruits in question there, so I can't imagine he'd be eligible at ASU. I would guess right now the wait is to see if he'd be eligible at other places.

It’s been rumored that he was one of the kids that was invited during those night visits

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It’s been rumored that he was one of the kids that was invited during those night visits

There were a few highly ranked guys from Florida who went there, and he just happened to commit right around that same time period. I'm sure it was just a coincidence haha.

How much blame should fall on recruits that partake in recruiting that was illegal?

I would assume recruits are aware of dead periods in recruiting so do those players become untouchable or do we just put the blame on the schools?

If we get Allen to flip, then do we wonder if he is fine breaking other rules?

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

How much blame should fall on recruits that partake in recruiting that was illegal?

I would assume recruits are aware of dead periods in recruiting so do those players become untouchable or do we just put the blame on the schools?

If we get Allen to flip, then do we wonder if he is fine breaking other rules?

Have you dealt with many 15-18 year olds? 😅

Assuming Payne commits and we get both Ramsey and Curry we move into #3 for class of 2022 in Big ten at 218.74 and #10 in overall class rankings for 2022.  I would have to imagine getting that high with all the other remaining uncommitted kids we would stay in the top 20 for the 2022 class once everyone is committed.  

BUY TICKETS AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Assuming Payne commits and we get both Ramsey and Curry we move into #3 for class of 2022 in Big ten at 218.74 and #10 in overall class rankings for 2022.  I would have to imagine getting that high with all the other remaining uncommitted kids we would stay in the top 20 for the 2022 class once everyone is committed.  

BUY TICKETS AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM!

Going back a few years, the #20 spot is usually around 230-245 points. We'd still have a few spots left if we get all 3 of them, so I'd think we could get to 250 if we get close to 20 commits.

Even if we don't get Curry and Ramsey, I think we'll still have a decent shot to be a top 20 class.

• Like 1

It's mind bottling that I'm not "through the roof" right now. Ya know? 

Oh hum... top 250 player from a Cinci power is committing soon. 

We saw this coming though.. our recruiting has been on an "uptick" since 2013 (Fant, Latham, Antonio Allen). Took 8 years... but my goodness we've arrived.

• Like 5