2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, ledies22 said:

Feb 2nd is coming up with the late window signing day. Are we expecting anyone?

Mike has a good article on a QB from Florida we are checking out.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-staff-checking-in-on-2022-qb-davin-wydner-this-week/

His clips look like he is worthy of working with. Good size and looks the part. 

As everyone knows, Allen wants a QB in the freshman class.  I agree with him. One QB per year.  Let’s say in a two years, Connor is a senior, Tuttle graduated, Dexter moved somewhere else.  Say Connor gets hurt and DM goes in.  We look thin, all of a sudden.  I’m still traumatized by the year we went from 3 deep (Sudfeld, Coffman, and Roberson) to starting an undersized true freshman due to injury and transfer.  A bowl team dissolved into a wrecked season.  Allen gets all that.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-staff-checking-in-on-2022-qb-davin-wydner-this-week/

As everyone knows, Allen wants a QB in the freshman class.  I agree with him. One QB per year.  Let’s say in a two years, Connor is a senior, Tuttle graduated, Dexter moved somewhere else.  Say Connor gets hurt and DM goes in.  We look thin, all of a sudden.  I’m still traumatized by the year we went from 3 deep (Sudfeld, Coffman, and Roberson) to starting an undersized true freshman due to injury and transfer.  A bowl team dissolved into a wrecked season.  Allen gets all that.  

He retweeted this. So, obviously I love that. I liked his film. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Davin-Wydner-46110613/ 32nd ranked QB on 247

Just for reference: 31st ranked QB is going to Wisconsin and the 30th ranked QB is going to Utah. Dylan is the highest rated QB on 247 that isn't signed with someone. I think this late in the process, if we deem him worthy... this is a good pick up. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Dylan is also ranked higher than Hoover on 247. 

The discrepancy from 247 to “Composite” leads me to believe he’s missing some evaluations. There’s no way actual opinions on this kid vary that much. Correct me if I’m wrong but 247 has Hoover rated higher than anyone else also.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

The discrepancy from 247 to “Composite” leads me to believe he’s missing some evaluations. There’s no way actual opinions on this kid vary that much. Correct me if I’m wrong but 247 has Hoover rated higher than anyone else also.  

They do, that's not overly relevant here though. I do agree, he is missing some evaluations. 

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Connor has 3 years left. Its going to be hard getting a top HS kid to come in and sit. Throw DM in the fix and its even more hard. Good luck to the staff on selling that to a kid that wants to play.

51 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

In the age of transfers, I don't think current depth means anything.  Somewhere that looks promising for playing time now could easily turn into the opposite and vice versa.

Except when your 1 and 2 QBs get hurt. Depth year by year with change, but depth every year is important. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Except when your 1 and 2 QBs get hurt. Depth year by year with change, but depth every year is important. 

My post was meant from a recruit's perspective.  It would be very difficult to figure out which school would lead to the easiest path to playing time given that the school could easily pick up a transfer qb later on or on the flip side have a bunch of injuries or transfers out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

https://247sports.com/Video/Brendan-Sorsby-Lake-Dallas-2021-best-plays-10707286/

Big kid, good speed. Missed 4 weeks due to injury, fits right in.

He competes in one of the three largest divisions in TX, as well. 

That seems like a decent thing. 

Ran for 800 yards and 15TDs in 7 games, 100 carries. 🤷‍♂️