2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I just saw this...here is a Texas high school practice facility for football

First of all, what an absolutely incredible facility. I would like to point out, that yes, I'm sure this was mainly intended for football. But, you can see the soccer programs, baseball/softball programs, the band, and I'm sure PE class utilize this facility A LOT. Baseball is very big in TX, as well, and I'm sure they get a ton of work on this field per year. 

Thank you for posting this, btw. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

First of all, what an absolutely incredible facility. I would like to point out, that yes, I'm sure this was mainly intended for football. But, you can see the soccer programs, baseball/softball programs, the band, and I'm sure PE class utilize this facility A LOT. Baseball is very big in TX, as well, and I'm sure they get a ton of work on this field per year. 

Thank you for posting this, btw. 

I did notice the soccer markings. If someone were to just show me a picture of that facility, I would have guessed it was for smallish colleges. Never would have guessed high school.

Do any high schools in Indiana have anything like that (I'm wondering about Hamilton County schools especially)?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I did notice the soccer markings. If someone were to just show me a picture of that facility, I would have guessed it was for smallish colleges. Never would have guessed high school.

Do any high schools in Indiana have anything like that (I'm wondering about Hamilton County schools especially)?

Noblesville has like one of the 5 largest HS weight rooms in the country. It's incredible. My wife worked there for a while and I would get to go in and lift. I know Greensburg, Southridge both of indoor facilities. I am not sure what they look like on the inside though. I doubt it's anything this nice. 

You can see the batting cages that come down from the ceiling in this picture, as well. 

Here is a picture of Greenwood's 2 gym facility. Plus you have Franklin Community, Jasper, and Warren Central that have absolute Meccas for "auxiliary gyms". Truly those two schools facilities are insane. 

There are a ton of schools around the state that have a 2 or 3 gym facility. 

Greenwood.jpg

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Noblesville has like one of the 5 largest HS weight rooms in the country. It's incredible. My wife worked there for a while and I would get to go in and lift. I know Greensburg, Southridge both of indoor facilities. I am not sure what they look like on the inside though. I doubt it's anything this nice. 

You can see the batting cages that come down from the ceiling in this picture, as well. 

Here is a picture of Greenwood's 3 gym facility. Plus you have Franklin Community and Warren Central that have absolute Meccas for "auxiliary gyms". Truly those two schools facilities are insane. 

Greenwood.jpg

My nieces/nephew went to Noblesville schools. The girls ran cross country for them.

This is a great looking gym...too bad they ruined it with the Green Bay Packer style "G" emblem/colors. :coffee:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My nieces/nephew went to Noblesville schools. The girls ran cross country for them.

This is a great looking gym...too bad they ruined it with the Green Bay Packer style "G" emblem/colors. :coffee:

Truthfully, it was just a quick picture I saw in my google search as a reference point haha Noblesville has REALLY good sports, outside of boys basketball and football. 

• Like 1

Gyms for basketball are different in Indiana.  Being from Clay City I am biased, but for a small 1A gym for a school that graduates about 60-70 kids a year its hard to believe they have a gym like they do.  On top of that a couple years ago our school corporation added new auxiliary gyms at Clay City an Northview, the two high schools in the county.  They are the second picture, pretty impressive for a 1A school.  

undefined

Garicke Rubin (@GarickeRubin) / Twitter

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Nice.  I wonder if he grows into a DT.  266 lbs coming out of high school is no joke.  Can easily envision him at 300 lbs after a redshirt season.  

He played on the edge in HS. I didn’t  see a single dropback pass rush on his highlight reel though so it’s kinda hard to tell just how quick he is. He’s definitely lean for 266lbs, moves well, hits hard and a very good motor. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

He played on the edge in HS. I didn’t  see a single dropback pass rush on his highlight reel though so it’s kinda hard to tell just how quick he is. He’s definitely lean for 266lbs, moves well, hits hard and a very good motor. 

Odd to have all those offers but only visited IU and Tulane.  of course. who knows how accurate the info is on 247.  Rivals doesn't even have Indiana in his list of schools or having visited anybody.    So 247 wins this one for having better info between the two sites.

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Odd to have all those offers but only visited IU and Tulane.  of course. who knows how accurate the info is on 247.  Rivals doesn't even have Indiana in his list of schools or having visited anybody.    So 247 wins this one for having better info between the two sites.

Yea, it could be similar to that AJ Johnson kid who got ALL the offers only to get hurt and then visit only IU & FAU. I’m sure most if not all those offers expired. In this kids case, your guess is as good as any. Maybe he also got hurt and it’s not widely known? I thought he was impressive on that reel but would like to see some video of him rushing the QB. Either way, it’s a position we need more depth on so I see nothing wrong with taking a chance on him. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...