2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's mind bottling that I'm not "through the roof" right now. Ya know? 

Oh hum... top 250 player from a Cinci power is committing soon. 

We saw this coming though.. our recruiting has been on an "uptick" since 2013 (Fant, Latham, Antonio Allen). Took 8 years... but my goodness we've arrived.

Honestly I never paid much attention to recruiting before but now I'm like a kid in the candy store checking in on this forum every day. Maybe every hour. lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Honestly I never paid much attention to recruiting before but now I'm like a kid in the candy store checking in on this forum every day. Maybe every hour. lol

Football recruiting is a lot to stay informed. I've said this many times the last two years... this is fun. Allen played the long game. 

• Like 1

So obviously Curry is a top our wish list.... 

I think after that there is some unknown. Looking to flip guys or make contact with guys not too far into the recruiting process that we have identified. Malachi Bennett type from last year. 

I hope we check in with every in state kid from time to time.  

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

So Alfonzo Allen decommitted from ASU?  If so, do we have a chance at snagging him?

I haven't seen anywhere that he's decommited. Just wishful thinking and trying to guess that he might not be eligible at ASU.

I'm thinking it depends on his timeline. I think we might have been the only other school he was really interested in the last month. If he plans on flipping anywhere soon, it would be really surprising if it wasn't us. If he decommits and waits a while, who knows.

• Thanks 1

Supposedly we're done for OL in 2022. 

Allen and Marshall were absolutely on campus when they weren't suppose to be. Marshall wants to be a CB... thats why AZ ST was his destination to begin with. 

He'd be a fool not to want to come here and let us get him in a position to succeed to in the defensive backfield, wherever that may be. 

We're still pursuing Allen.  

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The only 3 that I know we are recruiting hard is Curry, Kelly and Ramsey. After that, it’s up in the air 

If you're talking about Trent Ramsey, we're done at offensive line.... at least for high school kids.

We may look in the portal after the season though.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, btownqb said:

Pshh.. just go get Marshall too

Jaylin Marshall wants to be a corner in college.  That's what ASU recruited him as.  We don't see him as that,  so we're not gonna go after him.

If Allen wants to come, we're all in, but he has to make the jump.