2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Leathernecks

I was looking at the rankings for BIG schools, and outside of OSU who is top in the country right now,  our class is holding it's own.  This staff has gotten off to a terrific start and it looks like more to come.

Really unimpressed with Illinois and Purdue's classes.  Illinois has 10, but nobody that really moves the needle.  Purdue has Allen headling their class,  but they have several guys with very few P5 offers.  

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

I was looking at the rankings for BIG schools, and outside of OSU who is top in the country right now,  our class is holding it's own.  This staff has gotten off to a terrific start and it looks like more to come.

Really unimpressed with Illinois and Purdue's classes.  Illinois has 10, but nobody that really moves the needle.  Purdue has Allen headling their class,  but they have several guys with very few P5 offers.  

I know one of the kids who is going to Illinois. Shocked he got offered by them. Probably not even MAC level at best.

Most of Purdue’s classes under Brohm haven't had any depth. A couple years they had big classes, and got a ton of highly ranked WRs to boost their ranking, buy the depth in their classes had been pretty suspect. Last year's class terrible.

• Like 2

Spells, Durant, and Monds are all committing on the 4th.  We're the only team on all of their top lists, so maybe we'll get all 3?

Actually, I wouldn't be that surprised if we don't get any of them.  Spells to WVU, Durant to Miami, and Monds to Nebraska would probably be the betting favorites at the moment.  Does seem interesting that all 3 are announcing on the same day.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I know one of the kids who is going to Illinois. Shocked he got offered by them. Probably not even MAC level at best.

Most of Purdue’s classes under Brohm haven't had any depth. A couple years they had big classes, and got a ton of highly ranked WRs to boost their ranking, buy the depth in their classes had been pretty suspect. Last year's class terrible.

Purdue has lost 3 or more of their top recruits from the last couple classes to transfer also. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Monds is Nebraska bound anyways, Durant is Miami bound

Do you say this with information, or based on a couple average confidence crystal balls?

If I were to bet, I'd put money on those schools too, but I don't think either one is a lock for those schools. Just curious if you know more or just guessing.

Just thinking about the 2021/2022 classes.. at WR last we signed Smith, Bennett, and Williams at WR and this year we could absolutely end up with Gains and Cooper. (Not trying to jinx us). 

Talk about a QBs dream. 

I like the vision by the coaching staff. Go win on the outside. 

17 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Do you say this with information, or based on a couple average confidence crystal balls?

If I were to bet, I'd put money on those schools too, but I don't think either one is a lock for those schools. Just curious if you know more or just guessing.

Crystal Balls, and also, that Monds profile is all decked out in Nebraska gear 

• Like 1