Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played a damn good game and it was called cleanly. Took care of the ball, when Rob was out the offense had pace/purpose. 
Archie put them in a position to succeed today, but Trayce was overmatched trying to score against Kofi. Not sure why he doesn’t shoot midrange, his free throws look good. 

blame Archie for who he recruits, sure...but today IU played pretty well. 

I get what everyone is saying about players needing to do there job but once again IU basketball is letting teams go on massive scoring runs with no answer.  This is a pattern over 4 years, that to me points to the coaches not the players.

Also while I wasn’t sure Trace should have still been on the bench after that timeout I can live with that but AF clearly was the hot player and yet it seemed like the team was not doing anything to get him the ball.  Why no plays to get him open like we have seen the last few games.

Tired of the entire team just disappearing for entire chunks of games.  Still time to right the ship, I liked that Rob didn’t start today.  That needs to stay and maybe sit AD to start next game.  The next couple games will be big for a lot of reasons.

Difference in beating top 20 teams on the road is about 3-4 possessions or perhaps 2-3 bounces in each game. Much better. TJD getting his 3rd at 12 minutes changed things for sure. Can't wait to play Illinois again later this year.

My hats off to Underwood. He didn't develop Ayo enough to be a no brainer NBA player by year 2 but underdeveloped him enough to let him hang around and score 30. Has that Bo Ryan program down cold. 

Must wins for us this week. We play like that again we should be 2-2. PS....Armaan we thank you for making some of us look really good on a message board. 

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

surely we'll win the next 2, then half the board will be talking about how great we are and that all is good.  still think we'll be lucky to win 8 conference games.  

Agreed. Idk where 8 come from at this point. Played better today than against NW but it’s got to be a consistent effort game in and game out. Archie’s recruiting doesn’t transfer well to the B1G...needs shooters and bigs. We just can’t win on defense alone. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My hats off to Underwood. He didn't develop Ayo enough to be a no brainer NBA player by year 2 but underdeveloped him enough to let him hang around and score 30. Has that Bo Ryan program down cold. 

You know what would be nice? Not having to hope other teams regress enough to have a chance of beating them. 

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

5-4, 0-2...maybe they'll cancel the tournament again.

Could be 1-6 like UK. That said it won’t matter we likely won’t be going. That isn’t me being negative...I think we are a solid team...but it’s going to be hard to win enough games. Maybe we get 9 teams in...that still leaves 5 out.

Archived