Shooting / Stewart

Bustout

1 hour ago, Rogermci said:

Is he eligible to play now or does he have to wait until second semester officially starts?  As usual, everything is top secret.

I was told he is eligible for this year plus two additional years.  I am not sure if the is due to Covid or not so I am still not 100% clear.  

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I find this weird that it has taken so long.  I wonder if he requested more time at home to be with mom and family after the loss of his father or if this is the university's decision to just now arrive?

When does the 2nd semester officially start?

On 1/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, Hippopotamo said:

It also allows these guys to build a brand and adds value to going to a popular basketball school vs somewhere else. 

Not just building a brand but preparing that brand for future NIL deals.  Social media is going to be the fastest and easiest way to make that money.  It seems the department is doing a great job of creating value for our players to market in the future.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, 68Hoosier said:

I was told he is eligible for this year plus two additional years.  I am not sure if the is due to Covid or not so I am still not 100% clear.  

Well since he turns 23 in July, I seriously doubt he stays more than this year and next unless he wants to play college ball as a 25 year old.

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I find this weird that it has taken so long.  I wonder if he requested more time at home to be with mom and family after the loss of his father or if this is the university's decision to just now arrive?

He also could be focusing on learning the playbook on his own because if he comes now to practice they are way beyond reaching him the playbook and defense without him having some knowledge of it in advance. I mean he is clearly ridiculously smart so it wouldn’t surprise me if he can pick up quickly on his own and with zoom meetings with team coaches and team leaders.

10 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

He also could be focusing on learning the playbook on his own because if he comes now to practice they are way beyond reaching him the playbook and defense without him having some knowledge of it in advance. I mean he is clearly ridiculously smart so it wouldn’t surprise me if he can pick up quickly on his own and with zoom meetings with team coaches and team leaders.

I hope like heck he hits the ground running.

1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

Put him in the game and see what happens.  He has been around BB long enough to know how to pick up on certain sets.  

Any word on Franklin and how he is doing?

Is he allowed to play or is there some rule that classes for the spring semester would officially have to start?  Or is it an arbitrary date or just fall semester has ended?

• 2 weeks later...

So he is now on the bench and I think working with the team? Is a week long enough to perhaps get him acclimated enough to perhaps see him get on the court? Like 2 mins here in first half 2-3 in second half. Basically take the Lander role for now. I don’t expect a lot but maybe start introducing him to some playing time. This is a kid that has two degrees and played plenty of college basketball already. Who knows keep getting him some minutes and maybe by the end of the year be a real contributor off the bench?

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

There is a big part of me that wants to see him play ASAP. There is also a part of me that thinks throwing him out there this year reeks a little of desperation. Whenever he gets out there, I’ll be excited to see him. 

Considering what we are facing in the next five games, I'd say we are desperate.

Archived