Where do you stand & what do you do?

KoB2011

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operations Supervisor focus in Project Management.  

I’m done with CAM.  

My issues with CAM are numerous. Setting aside the on court product what I see from him strikes me as a terrible leader.  

He blames players instead of taking responsibility in press conferences. - Lack of Accountability and Responsibility

He says he is going to do something different and then doesn’t. - Speaks to integrity.  Only as good as your word  

He’s loyal to certain players to a fault. - Not putting team over the individual 

Fails to recruit players for his offense but doesn’t change the offense - Stubborn I guess. 

If we were winning I doubt I would like him but I certainly wouldn’t be advocating kicking him to the curb. 

I support him ,but losing faith in him with every loss. His team don’t know how to win. They found ways to lose. Against Northwestern we have a chance at the end to take the lead late an Al dribbles it off his foot. Against Illinois we can’t make a shot! After they come down and drill about 4 shots in a row to take the lead late. 
I am a retired production manager. 

HS Special Ed. teacher and travel ball coach.  retired high school girls coach.  i am on the fence.  i feel like we are seeing a better product defensively and at least a team that doesn't look as selfish and divided as last year.  i also don't think recruiting has been bad, but not good enough to get us where we want to be.  i have more questions than answers.  if this season ends with as bad of a record as i think it will, i'm fine with moving away from Archie if we really think we have the long term answer.  we can't keep hiring coaches for 4 years and starting over.  i keep saying talent matters.  we lose TJD and don't bring in any immediate impact players next year.  if our returners all make big jumps, we won't be bad, but we'll be small with no inside presence.  if this season ends at 14-13 or worse and next season is about the same, i just can't see how he'll survive.  i've always been a guy saying minimum 4 years in college, but when you think about it, it kind of doesn't apply anymore.  if you get good enough guys, they're not even there for 4 years, plus more and more transfers...how many guys do you even have for 4 years!?  either way, he's had his 4 years.

Definitely with CAM. Although his insistence to stick with certain players is starting to wear on me. In my opinion offense, and game planning are fine( we get open looks).  Defensively I think we play hard, and do everything we need to be a an upper level big ten team. I also think despite record, we are a top 25 team right now.  Yes, even with our lack of guard play...

I have been in the HVAC business since I was 19. Installation for 21+ years, and have moved to sales. For roughly 10 yrs I helped with player development at the high school level.

I think there is a slight flaw in the question.  Many of you that say you are 'with him' are saying that because you want him to do well.  You like his approach, his no BS attitude, etc.  The real questions is whether you THINK he will get us to a level we want to be.  

Here's where I am at.  Archie has all the peripheral things that I want and like in a coach.  But, he doesn't have the results.  And, I'm now questioning that he ever will.  So, while I don't want him to be let go, I now believe it will happen in the next 3-4 years.  I have doubts that Archie can get us there (whatever 'there' may be)  IU needs it's basketball team to be consistently be one of the best in the Big Ten.  Our image as an elite program has diminished, and we've been passed up by at least MSU and Wisconsin in the conference hierarchy over the last 15 years.  

As far as what I do, I may be a marriage counselor, but then again I may not. 

Actually, I'm a project manager for a Fortune 500 company.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think there is a slight flaw in the question.  Many of you that say you are 'with him' are saying that because you want him to do well.  You like his approach, his no BS attitude, etc.  The real questions is whether you THINK he will get us to a level we want to be.  

Here's where I am at.  Archie has all the peripheral things that I want and like in a coach.  But, he doesn't have the results.  And, I'm now questioning that he ever will.  So, while I don't want him to be let go, I now believe it will happen in the next 3-4 years.  I have doubts that Archie can get us there (whatever 'there' may be)  IU needs it's basketball team to be consistently be one of the best in the Big Ten.  Our image as an elite program has diminished, and we've been passed up by at least MSU and Wisconsin in the conference hierarchy over the last 15 years.  

As far as what I do, I may be a marriage counselor, but then again I may not. 

Actually, I'm a project manager for a Fortune 500 company.  

I was going to post as you, as a marriage counselor 🤣

I don't want to be wishy washy, but like others have previously commented, I am on the fence 50-50 with CAM. I think he has a great macro outlook on the team/program and has a solid vision for what IU basketball can/should look like but I am not sure if he will be able to execute his plan. I'm not one of those who are ready to fire him after every missed recruit/loss, so I will wait and see how this season plays out before making further judgements.

I am a former educator who currently creates/edits k-12 textbooks.

certainly different ways to talk about this.  obviously i WANT him to be the guy.  i think he might be, but not sold on it.  do i want him fired?  not really, but wouldn't be super heartbroken or mad, but would be super nervous that we need to get the right guy.  do i think he'll get fired?  i don't really think so after this year, but if we end where i think we will, i think he'll be fired after next year because we won't be any better W-L wise next year.

Archived