Where do you stand & what do you do?

KoB2011

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I prefer the current brand of ball infinitely more than Crean’s.  I never thought Crean’s style made any sense at Indiana.  

But we won the B1G several times, were often ranked, had SW16’s, had the Yogi, Cody, Wat, Vic years, and OG and Bryant, and were again one of the better teams in college ball — but with big lapses after guys left early, and then a drop off in recruiting which spelled the end. Seems right now most would be pretty happy with those B1G titles and March runs. 
say what you will about Crean and his over emphasis on offense, but now we have almost the opposite, ugly offense and inability to score consistently. Need to find the in between, hopefully CAM will get us there 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think it is boring either but that the perception that many have.

Because its not their team or when they lose that way. I coached teams in which parents would rather us go 0 and 20 and average 80 points a game than to be 14-6 average 40 a game. It's crazy. When you think of Wisconsin,  Virginia, UK even across the board most people can throw out some words to identify that program. IU does not have that

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me that year was RMK best coaching job at IU. That team had no business winning the conference that year with all the talent that was in the conference.

Yeah, and '89-'90 was his worst.  Regardless.  I want results.  I want them now.  And I want them on the "W" side of the ledger.  

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No, frankly it’s baseless to say he’s a three year guy, he could not even practice let alone play for a year. No problem with critiquing his mental mistakes but when you stand firm on calling him a 3 year guy that just takes away from credibility.

Semantics...No, he hasn't played for 3 years...But I would like to think he was attending and watching practices, going to film sessions on the offensive and defensive schemes, and occasionally looking at the playbook when he was out...

And I know I sound like a broken record on this, but while a coach might help in a player's development, the player himself has the final say in that...

I learned a long time ago in things that affected  my future, the only person I could really rely on was me...

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Because its not their team or when they lose that way. I coached teams in which parents would rather us go 0 and 20 and average 80 points a game than to be 14-6 average 40 a game. It's crazy. When you think of Wisconsin,  Virginia, UK even across the board most people can throw out some words to identify that program. IU does not have that

What is UK identity one and done

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, and '89-'90 was his worst.  Regardless.  I want results.  I want them now.  And I want them on the "W" side of the ledger.  

89-90 team was do young but did go undefeated in the non conference but went 8-10 in conference. Most didn't think we deserved a bid that year and thought the only reason was RMK was our coach.

I would say his worst was 84-85.  We came off of an elite 8 with everyone coming back but didn't make the tournament.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

89-90 team was do young but did go undefeated in the non conference but went 8-10 in conference. Most didn't think we deserved a bid that year and thought the only reason was RMK was our coach.

Cal would have won a championship with that team.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Semantics...No, he hasn't played for 3 years...But I would like to think he was attending and watching practices, going to film sessions on the offensive and defensive schemes, and occasionally looking at the playbook when he was out...

And I know I sound like a broken record on this, but while a coach might help in a player's development, the player himself has the final say in that...

I learned a long time ago in things that affected  my future, the only person I could really rely on was me...

If you ever played basketball you’d know it’s not about paper and film. When you lose an entire year, you lose it. I’ll stop here though you refuse to acknowledge that so not getting anywhere in the discussion 

i don't often agree with Scott, but... i will always look forward to watching IU bball.  i watched pretty much very game the 6-25 season.  side note there - i do think those guys gave it everything they had!  i look forward to watching IU bball every chance i get.  i am critical and often negative, but will always watch.  i kind of don't get not watching unless we are really really good.  

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

If you ever played basketball you’d know it’s not about paper and film. When you lose an entire year, you lose it. I’ll stop here though you refuse to acknowledge that so not getting anywhere in the discussion 

Yes, I've played plenty...

But both of us have also acknowledged that Jerome makes mental mistakes... Thus my comment on knowing the schemes...

Look, I like Jerome...He seems like a good kid and I wish things had gone differently for him at IU...I truly hope he can get his head together and be a contributing member of this team...

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't often agree with Scott, but... i will always look forward to watching IU bball.  i watched pretty much very game the 6-25 season.  side note there - i do think those guys gave it everything they had!  i look forward to watching IU bball every chance i get.  i am critical and often negative, but will always watch.  i kind of don't get not watching unless we are really really good.  

I don't think many agrees with my viewpoint on things LOL!

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, I've played plenty...

But both of us have also acknowledged that Jerome makes mental mistakes... Thus my comment on knowing the schemes...

Look, I like Jerome...He seems like a good kid and I wish things had gone differently for him at IU...I truly hope he can get his head together and be a contributing member of this team...

Completely agree. I would love to see Hunter get more time, as he can help the offense and if he can develop it would be huge for the program. 

With that said, there's a difference between some defensive mistakes and being a bad defender. Every player is going to make mistakes, lots of IU's guys do, but Hunter's aren't really mistakes here and there, right now he's just a bad defender and he needs to clean that up. 

Archived