IU makes me drink...

Danomatic

I like beer!  Probably, that qualifies me to be on the Supreme Court.

I like craft beer...not IPA's.   Less hops, please.  Draft, preferably. 

Yuengling is a good go-to.  And Light is ok, too.   No Bud...unless free or that's it.

Stroh's if you can find it.  Was brewed in E'ville...waaaay back.  Fat Tire, Shiner Bock, will try European but not too much coffee-like flavor.  No pumpkin spice or orange in my beer.  Lime is fine.

Wines are great but just with something to eat.

Any bourbon and put me in, coach!  Mid-shelf, on the rocks, slice of lime..maybe.  Sipping Jefferson Ocean straight is unique. Maker's Mark 46 is lots of oak.  So many distilleries and breweries and so little time.

Not really a fan of bourbon barrel beer...wonder why.  Maybe it's the oak or whatever wood that makes the barrel. 

A rusty nail, an old fashioned, ...and I remember the Harvey Wallbanger, do you?

12 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

I like drinking bourbon during IU games. Usually roll with Woodford Reserve but I mix it up once in a while. 

Woodford is probably my fave, but too rich for my blood most of the time!  I'll treat myself every once in a while, but as a school teacher and someone who goes through the stuff rather quickly, i gotta stick to Elijah Craig, 4 Roses, Evan Williams range...

24 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Woodford is probably my fave, but too rich for my blood most of the time!  I'll treat myself every once in a while, but as a school teacher and someone who goes through the stuff rather quickly, i gotta stick to Elijah Craig, 4 Roses, Evan Williams range...

Woodford is my go to as well, but Elijah Craig definitely has to give you the biggest bang for your buck. The fact that you can get it for like $25 at Costco is nuts. 

If you want to step it up.....even beyond the double barrel Woodford.....you gotta try Old 55. It’s a ‘bourbon’ from Newburgh, IN. It’s around $60-$65 And has many of those carmel-ly notes. This came recommended from a couple of bourbon nerds I know and when I share with other bourbon nerds they go grab a bottle. 

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/old-55-single-barrel-bourbon-bottled-in-bond

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Woodford is my go to as well, but Elijah Craig definitely has to give you the biggest bang for your buck. The fact that you can get it for like $25 at Costco is nuts. 

If you want to step it up.....even beyond the double barrel Woodford.....you gotta try Old 55. It’s a ‘bourbon’ from Newburgh, IN. It’s around $60-$65 And has many of those carmel-ly notes. This came recommended from a couple of bourbon nerds I know and when I share with other bourbon nerds they go grab a bottle. 

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/old-55-single-barrel-bourbon-bottled-in-bond

quit teasing!  i'm a teacher!  i can't pay $60 for a bottle!

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

quit teasing!  i'm a teacher!  i can't pay $60 for a bottle!

That’s what the stimulus checks are for!!!

Save up all those gift cards from students. Mine was a birthday gift and trying to make it last....definitely not an everyday (err...weekend) bottle. 

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

let's say dedicated?

Not even the all of it...

I was drinking Moscow Mules 25 years ago, before they were a thing.

I have a bottle of 20 year Tawny Port that we sipped on Christmas night.

When we lived in Wisconsin, my wife discovered Southern Comfort old fashions.

Like my investments, I guess I am diversified 😁

Archived