Tennessee Tech Game Thread

Not an incredibly inspired half overall until that last spurt at the end. Our perimeter game on the offensive end still looks helter skelter in the half court sets and unsure what they should be doing. I'm not a fan of the perimeter dribbling I keep seeing instead of moving the ball through passing more.  Only 5 turnovers but only 5 assists means the ball isn't making it to the right place for easy shots enough. 

This is a weaker team that doesn't seem to have the shooters to exploit our issues on perimeter like other teams, so its hard to tell if we're really making any improvements on the defensive end. 

18 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Not an incredibly inspired half overall until that last spurt at the end. Our perimeter game on the offensive end still looks helter skelter in the half court sets and unsure what they should be doing. I'm not a fan of the perimeter dribbling I keep seeing instead of moving the ball through passing more.  Only 5 turnovers but only 5 assists means the ball isn't making it to the right place for easy shots enough. 

This is a weaker team that doesn't seem to have the shooters to exploit our issues on perimeter like other teams, so its hard to tell if we're really making any improvements on the defensive end. 

Confession...I just realized I was looking at steals stats when I posted those numbers. Doh! Much better assist/TO than I realized looking at the actual stats. I stand by the rest of my post though. And they showed some nice passing coming out of the half. More of that please! 

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Confession...I just realized I was looking at steals stats when I posted those numbers. Doh! Much better assist/TO than I realized looking at the actual stats. I stand by the rest of my post though. And they showed some nice passing coming out of the half. More of that please! 

Btw, CBS's annoying corner pop up on the box score page contributed to this error. I really hate that corner pop up!  

Archived