TJDs Hands

Bustout

33 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No question he has driven more than shot, but then what's going on around him, what's the set, what screen is being set, who is rolling, is the outside shot the one he should take in the situation? Again, I agree he should take more shots, both for the team/creating space, and for his developing game but just because he doesn't shoot when he appears to have an open shot doesn't make it the wrong move.

Agree. But if a supposed potential all American NBA player has a wide open jumper, shouldn’t he take it rather than drive into Kofi and traffic under most circumstances?

I haven’t seen enough of his jumper to see how automatic it is yet. 

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

Agree. But if a supposed potential all American NBA player has a wide open jumper, shouldn’t he take it rather than drive into Kofi and traffic under most circumstances?

Not if he’s playing within the coach’s system / sets and doesn’t want to ride the bench —

I’m not saying I don’t think he should be taking  more outside shots, I do think he should, but can’t just say he should have shot when in a moment we think he had a good look 

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

I don't have a shot chart, but Trayce has taken 4 or 5 shots between 10-15 feet this year, and he's hit 1...and it's not like the others were near misses if I remember correctly...he's got a flat shot...not much room for error anyway...

And I don't think he has a boatload of confidence in his mid range jumper...

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not if he’s playing within the coach’s system / sets and doesn’t want to ride the bench —

I’m not saying I don’t think he should be taking  more outside shots, I do think he should, but can’t just say he should have shot when in a moment we think he had a good look 

I agree with the system part.  But if he’s got a wide open jumper, he should take it.   Leads me to believe, like the above poster, maybe it’s just not automatic yet.    Hopefully another reason to stay one more year.  Establish a jumper in game - not just work on it a lot. 

1 hour ago, NY hoosier said:

Trace has good hands, his opportunity is to make better decisions and improve his footwork 

I haven’t noticed his feet - only the bobbles.  But I’ll look closer Monday. 

Or hit the sauce tonight and rewatch the PSU game. Ha. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't have a shot chart, but Trayce has taken 4 or 5 shots between 10-15 feet this year, and he's hit 1...and it's not like the others were near misses if I remember correctly...he's got a flat shot...not much room for error anyway...

And I don't think he has a boatload of confidence in his mid range jumper...

Fair. Hopefully that’s the NBA feedback and he comes back. 

Archived