New transfer commit - Zach Carpenter

Leathernecks

11 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Don't know anything about him yet, but I love that we're getting help on the offensive line.

Ranked top 600 two years ago. Big time HS program.. 6'6 330

Played C this year. He'll be eligible immediately and I assume on campus in Jan. 

Trying to look into it a little more.  Looks like he got a couple starts at center this year, and was expected to be the starting center moving forward next year.

He was a pretty solid prospect in the 2019 class.  I love this quote from Allen Trieu about him.  "Dominant in the run game. Plays with mean streak and finishes his blocks."  Sounds just like what we could use.

Also, it sounds like Michigan fans were pretty high on him.  He was their offensive scout team player of the year last year.  He should still have 4 years left.  Redshirted last year, and gets this year free.

The more I look into it, the more I love this.  This could be a massive pickup for us.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ranked top 600 two years ago. Big time HS program.. 6'6 330

Played C this year. He'll be eligible immediately and I assume on campus in Jan. 

I'm so pumped about this.  Still has 4 years of eligibility left, and started the last couple games as a redshirt freshman.

I'm seeing that he was supposedly bench pressing 500 pounds this offseason.  Really hoping he can be a guy who will help us get more push and improve our running game.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm so pumped about this.  Still has 4 years of eligibility left, and started the last couple games as a redshirt freshman.

I'm seeing that he was supposedly bench pressing 500 pounds this offseason.  Really hoping he can be a guy who will help us get more push and improve our running game.

We....are....big....upfront. 2-3 years from now. 

They mentioned Holtz as someone thats been coming on/looked solid in practice recently. Shew. 

Wow this is incredible.  If I had a tinge of angst anywhere it was interior offensive line.  This kid is an awesome get for us.  

We have got Katic already as a young guard with a year of experience and Benson as a very well regarded prospect.  We’ve got a really good stable of backs.  Imagine them with a much bigger push up front.  

Next year could be something else.  Fingers crossed on a healthy season. 

11 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wow this is incredible.  If I had a tinge of angst anywhere it was interior offensive line.  This kid is an awesome get for us.  

We have got Katic already as a young guard with a year of experience and Benson as a very well regarded prospect.  We’ve got a really good stable of backs.  Imagine them with a much bigger push up front.  

Next year could be something else.  Fingers crossed on a healthy season. 

This definitely makes me feel a lot better about our line.  Depending on how things go in the future with guys using their extra year or not, we could have 2 more years of Jones & Haggard, 3 more years of Bedford, and 4 more years of Katic, Carpenter, Benson, Weaver, Feeney, Holtz, and a lot of other young guys.

I was a little worried that next year (or whenever Crider and Nworah leave) that we were going to be hoping for 2 unknowns to step up and play well at center and guard.  Now we have Bedford, Jones, Katic, and Carpenter as guys with B1G starting experience.

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but imagine 2 years from now.  Jones & Bedford as a senior and junior at tackles.  Katic and Benson as sophomores at guard, and Carpenter as a sophomore at center.  That could be an awesome line.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

This definitely makes me feel a lot better about our line.  Depending on how things go in the future with guys using their extra year or not, we could have 2 more years of Jones & Haggard, 3 more years of Bedford, and 4 more years of Katic, Carpenter, Benson, Weaver, Feeney, Holtz, and a lot of other young guys.

I was a little worried that next year (or whenever Crider and Nworah leave) that we were going to be hoping for 2 unknowns to step up and play well at center and guard.  Now we have Bedford, Jones, Katic, and Carpenter as guys with B1G starting experience.

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but imagine 2 years from now.  Jones & Bedford as a senior and junior at tackles.  Katic and Benson as sophomores at guard, and Carpenter as a sophomore at center.  That could be an awesome line.

Sales going to factor in too. 

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Benson, Carpenter, and Sales are about as high of 3 recruits as we've had on the OL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived