Outback Bowl Post-Game Thread

KDB

Just now, BeerBQ said:

Terrible. Can’t complain about any disrespect from the CFP or B1G if you get thumped by a 4-5 SEC team. 

That's the catch. Gonna talk the talk, gotta walk the walk. To an extent, that was always the danger involved in this opponent, the B1G piece not withstanding.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Sheridan can walk home.  That was absolutely pathetic all game.  20 points against one of the worst defenses in all of football?  They couldn't stop the run, and we kept throwing that stupid screen that didn't work all day.  Garbage.

I have no idea why we didn’t keep running the ball up the middle. Awful play calling!

What was the offensive game plan? A bunch of screen passes to Whop in traffic with nowhere to go? That sucked to listen to/watch. Defense performed admirably, but not great. Team seemed to just be sleepwalking all day. Bleh. On to next year and a Donavan McCulley as the next-gen QB. 

1 minute ago, Lizard said:

Record 17 catches for Whop and under 100 yards net.  Hmmm.  

He did run one back the opposite way in the first half.  The kid has been good for IU, and he gave it his all.  Should of gone to TF more, can't understand why him and marshall were left out of the playbook.  And, our tight ends.  

Just now, 5 championships said:

I have no idea why we didn’t keep running the ball up the middle. Awful play calling!

His situational awareness has been terrible all year.  Against good defensive teams that we couldn't run against, we were running 1st down draws.  Now when we needed to run on first down, we were passing.

I don't think Sheridan needs to be fired, he's a young guy who ****** up when it mattered. Learn from it, move on. If the struggles continue, then he needs to go. Our offense was very good with Penix, wasn't the case with Tuttle unfortunately, but I don't think cutting Sheridan is a smart move at this stage.

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

He did run one back the opposite way in the first half.  The kid has been good for IU, and he gave it his all.  Should of gone to TF more, can't understand why him and marshall were left out of the playbook.  And, our tight ends.  

No slight intended to Whop Philyor.  He's been great for the program in many many ways.  

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

His situational awareness has been terrible all year.  Against good defensive teams that we couldn't run against, we were running 1st down draws.  Now when we needed to run on first down, we were passing.

Yup! Tuttle is pretty bad which didn’t help things either but with Tuttle being bad and Ole Miss clearly gassed on D. We decide to throw bubble screens? Awful Awful Awful. Do we change OC’s?

Today stings. And there will be plenty of time to evaluate play calling,etc....but I'm not letting one L define the best IU Football team we've had in 3+ decades. Learn and move forward. What 18 starters back? Get Penix healthy and stay healthy today is different. Funeral is over for that loss. Unlike hoops...college football programs like ours are defined by regular season. Not last game of year. 

Thank you IU Football players, staff,etc...for performing so well all season during pandemic times. 

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Good season Build on this one. Hope Pennix will be good to go, hard to win with Patrick Ramsey 2,0 at QB. Totally different playbook with Pennix. Tuttle will be fine in a couple years if the others dont pass him up.

Insult to Ramsey, IMO.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't totally blame the defense because we held them to 26 points.  Saying that I still blame them for that possession after we tied the game.  We had the momentum and we just let them go down the field in like 5 plays.

I was absolutely floored by how little resistance we put up there. Truly felt like watching pre-Allen IU defense.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

IU football took a step forward this year.  I'm expecting another step forward next year.  Building a program the right way involves laying a foundation.  

I agree.  This was like some kid going around and throwing rocks through all of your windows.  It doesn't really take away from what you've built, but it is really freaking annoying.  I have faith we'll replace those windows with top of the line windows with built in blinds, but all the broken windows really suck.

Archived