Outback Bowl Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D-BONE said:

As much as I'm full-on Allen bandwagon (how could you not be?), we go outcoached today. 

I disagree.  Defense did everything they needed to. We held them to like half their average points.

Sheridan just called a terrible game.  We needed to play ball control with the run all game, which is what we did to get back in it, and then we went away from it the last two minutes, and, lo and behold, lost when we were in a position to go up and win.  

They couldn't stop the run, and we just abandoned it.  Extremely frustrating end.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

No when Ramsey first started playing he and Tuttle looked the same, same mistakes, same limited playbook.

Okay. Then let's hope he at least develops into end-of-career Ramsey. From what I've seen of him (limited) he's going to have to develop more Zip on his deeper throws, not unlike Ramsey. But Ramsey was able to do that to a reasonable extent.

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

Okay. Then let's hope he at least develops into end-of-career Ramsey. From what I've seen of him (limited) he's going to have to develop more Zip on his deeper throws, not unlike Ramsey. But Ramsey was able to do that to a reasonable extent.

Ramsey never threw deep in routes either, like Pennix can neither have the arm.

3 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I disagree.  Defense did everything they needed to. We held them to like half their average points.

Sheridan just called a terrible game.  We needed to play ball control with the run all game, which is what we did to get back in it, and then we went away from it the last two minutes, and, lo and behold, lost when we were in a position to go up and win.  

They couldn't stop the run, and we just abandoned it.  Extremely frustrating end.

Defense did everything they needed to? Did you see their final scoring drive?

Just now, D-BONE said:

Defense did everything they needed to? Did you see their final scoring drive?

I saw it all.  The offense lost this game; plain and simple.  

Ole Miss has something like a top 5 offense and averages like 40 points a game.  We knew they were going to score, which is why we needed to play ball control and limit their possessions.  

Their record belied how good they are, and this was a huge trap game for IU.  Sheridan absolutely dropped the ball.

I'm not saying the defense couldn't have done better, but they did what they needed to for a win.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I see some of the same geniuses from the post game threads in hoops are football experts now too. Such a shame. 

Great season. Won't let today ever diminish that. 

Like the latter portion. No basis for judgment on the hoops posters. Don't spend much time on that board.

Penix is a difference maker, no doubt, but I have more hope for Tuttle than many of you. He has only started a couple of games, really gutted it out today in obvious pain, and I think he can throw a decent ball when he is not injured. All BT? Highly unlikely but can provide decent depth.

Why we did not run more, against one of the worst run defenses in the country, in the first half and the last drive is beyond me. 

10 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I saw it all.  The offense lost this game; plain and simple.  

Ole Miss has something like a top 5 offense and averages like 40 points a game.  We knew they were going to score, which is why we needed to play ball control and limit their possessions.  

Their record belied how good they are, and this was a huge trap game for IU.  Sheridan absolutely dropped the ball.

I'm not saying the defense couldn't have done better, but they did what they needed to for a win.

Tale of two stories.  There offense produced open guys, IU had velcro coverage, except 5 yards off of the line.  

What could of been different to get crossing patterns up the middle?

Archived