2021-2022 Season

19 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Very true, and sad.  Hardbaugh getting an extension will make them more of a favorite....lol jk.  

Got to win a bowel game.  Hoping we have a dynamic pass rusher waiting in the wings- and, we get more creative with our running game/staple of running backs. Win a bowl game.  Two years, just came up short.  

Doesn't stop momentum, in my opinion.  Big offseason with Wellman - very excited to see what he can do.  

🤣🤣 check the post I quoted again 

43 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Whop would be big, but I actually think the offense will be fine and the young talent needs time to shine.  Ball can only go to so many targets.

Swann in the kid that would be very helpful for our D.  Hope he comes back

There are some other tranfers out there that had IU interest in recruiting.  Also some midwest, Indiana ties.  Wonder who they are talking to?

I wonder who are some of the readshirts or should I say true freshman that are ready to breakout? 

Depending on how good Matthews is, Whop leaving could be minimized.

Swann mentioned a few days ago that it was time to get back to work.  A lot of people took it to mean that he was coming back.

I saw that Harris kid who was transferring from Colorado ended up at Arizona.  Not sure who else is out there, but it wouldn't surprise me to get another transfer or two.

I've been shouting about Da'Shaun Brown for 2 years now as the next guy to breakout.  He got hurt on a punt this year and missed the rest of the season.  Still looking for him to breakout eventually, but I'm not as optimistic on it as I used to be.  I think next year will be tough for people to breakout with how few people we'll lose.  Maybe Damarjhe Lewis?  He was said to be pretty impressive in the little time we had last spring.  Not sure if he even got on the field this year though.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting.  I think there will be some disappointed people here.  Either Coan that he transfers to ND and doesn't get to start, or ND fans that Coan is starting.  He's not bad, but he definitely hasn't been a difference maker.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Interesting.  I think there will be some disappointed people here.  Either Coan that he transfers to ND and doesn't get to start, or ND fans that Coan is starting.  He's not bad, but he definitely hasn't been a difference maker.

Surprised me that ND was looking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Swann mentioned a few days ago that it was time to get back to work.  A lot of people took it to mean that he was coming back.

I saw that Harris kid who was transferring from Colorado ended up at Arizona.  Not sure who else is out there, but it wouldn't surprise me to get another transfer or two.

I've been shouting about Da'Shaun Brown for 2 years now as the next guy to breakout.  He got hurt on a punt this year and missed the rest of the season.  Still looking for him to breakout eventually, but I'm not as optimistic on it as I used to be.  I think next year will be tough for people to breakout with how few people we'll lose.  Maybe Damarjhe Lewis?  He was said to be pretty impressive in the little time we had last spring.  Not sure if he even got on the field this year though.

I guess I have a very mild concern along sort of the same lines.  One can never put a price on experience especially when dealing with good people.  But I'm not a huge Whop fan (that's not a dislike) and I'd love to see guys like Mathews and Hewitt, etc more playing time so they can further develop.  We're going to need those guys down the road and they need playing time.  I'll take the experienced guys who want to come back don't get me wrong.  But we have some really talented young guys who need to play and I think they can step in and replace Whop without us missing a beat.  Maybe I'm crazy??

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

52 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Don't forget though.. we only played 8 games this year.. 12 is a whole new ball game. 

Plus.. games vs WKU and Idaho.

4 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I guess I have a very mild concern along sort of the same lines.  One can never put a price on experience especially when dealing with experienced people.  But I'm not a huge Whop fan (that's not a dislike) and I'd love to see guys like Mathews and Hewitt, etc more playing time so they can further develop.  We're going to need those guys down the road and they need playing time.  I'll take the experienced guys who want to come back don't get me wrong.  But we have some really talented young guys who need to play and I think they can step in and replace Whop without us missing a beat.  Maybe I'm crazy??

Nope.  I totally agree.  😊

• Like 1