2021-2022 Season

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

DR was the first example I thought of. Scott is a better athlete than Redding though, I will say that. 

He’s gotta get his 40 time down or it won’t matter to GMs. DR ran a 4.78 at the combine, The only recorded time I could find for Stevie was 4.83 and he needs to be sub 4.7

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

He’s gotta get his 40 time down or it won’t matter to GMs. DR ran a 4.78 at the combine, The only recorded time I could find for Stevie was 4.83 and he needs to be sub 4.7

I'm not talking about RB. HB/TE role.. plus a good special teams guy. Only role in the NFL I can see him playing. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Symons would be a homerun hire.  His defense at Liberty this year was terrific, he's only in his mid 30s, and he reminds me a lot of DeBoer on the other side of the ball.  He had really good success at a small school and has worked his way up the ladder quickly by having success at each stop.  If we can hire him, I would bet good money he'd eventually be added to Allen's list of coordinators who leave for a head coaching job.

He also has experience coaching linebackers at Memphis, so we could probably bring him in without moving the rest of the coaches around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Symons would be a homerun hire.  His defense at Liberty this year was terrific, he's only in his mid 30s, and he reminds me a lot of DeBoer on the other side of the ball.  He had really good success at a small school and has worked his way up the ladder quickly by having success at each stop.  If we can hire him, I would bet good money he'd eventually be added to Allen's list of coordinators who leave for a head coaching job.

He also has experience coaching linebackers at Memphis, so we could probably bring him in without moving the rest of the coaches around.

Perfect. We can recruit Memphis even more: Fryfogle, Bedford, Williams, Hewitt, Cam Jones, Bedford, and Campbell. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the research on Symons.  Sounds terrific.

I wonder about the Georgia DB coach, Charlton Warren.  Could he be brought in for a different role?  He doesn’t seem to be a 4-2-5 guy which you would think is an obvious prerequisite.  Mike Hart was a terrific recruiter and Warren could bring that element even if he’s coaching a different position.   I see from his bio he has also coordinated specials.  

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wonder about the Georgia DB coach, Charlton Warren.  Could he be brought in for a different role?  He doesn’t seem to be a 4-2-5 guy which you would think is an obvious prerequisite.  Mike Hart was a terrific recruiter and Warren could bring that element even if he’s coaching a different position.   I see from his bio he has also coordinated specials.  

In my opinion, it could be his recruiting abilities, but I’m sure CTA can bend a little bit on 4-2-5

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

No where to put him. 

• Like 1

As I'm looking more into Symons, I see that the Liberty safeties coach is going to be the defensive coordinator for Wommack at South Alabama.  Not that it really means anything, just kind of an interesting note.

The more I look into Symons, the more I think he'd be a grand slam hire.  I can't find anything about his salary at Liberty, but you'd think IU would be able to offer a decent raise.  Also, if he was in to interview, and he doesn't get it, that must mean whoever we get is extremely qualified.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

As I'm looking more into Symons, I see that the Liberty safeties coach is going to be the defensive coordinator for Wommack at South Alabama.  Not that it really means anything, just kind of an interesting note.

The more I look into Symons, the more I think he'd be a grand slam hire.  I can't find anything about his salary at Liberty, but you'd think IU would be able to offer a decent raise.  Also, if he was in to interview, and he doesn't get it, that must mean whoever we get is extremely qualified.

When Symons was at Memphis his yearly salary was $200k

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

When Symons was at Memphis his yearly salary was $200k

I would guess if we do offer him we'd start around $450,000 based on Sheridan and Wommack's salaries.  I can't imagine Liberty was paying him that much.  I would think we could go much higher too if we really wanted him.

Edited by Leathernecks

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would guess if we do offer him we'd start around $450,000 based on Sheridan and Wommack's salaries.  I can't imagine Liberty was paying him that much.  I would think we could go much higher too if we really wanted him.

I couldn’t find any further information, but I would estimate his salary from $300,000 to $400,000

though Liberty does spend a good amount of money on HC Freeze with a salary at $3,000,000

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

With Scott leaving... know we have a good stable of running backs now but I hope that the loss of Hart doesn’t come back to bite us 

Our running game has barely existed the last 2 seasons, so not too worried about it. Not saying Hart shouldered all of that blame, but the combination of Hart, Hiller, and Sheridan was really bad this year.  111th out of 127 in yards per rush.

I think with James and Baldwin, we'll be alright with talent. Just need to figure out how to coach/utilize it better.