2021-2022 Season

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I was looking at nerdy science videos (because that's what physics teachers do) and came across this video of a robot field goal kicker.  It was really cool, but one clip stood out.  There was one clip that showed them at IU taking drone videos of some field goals by our kickers.  I ended up finding the longer version of it.  So cool that our kickers were part of that, and were briefly shown in a video that has over 17 million views in 3 days.  Here's the longer version that shows the videos of our kickers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Tom Allen:  Indiana can't fall into that trap of believing it has arrived.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/tom-allen-indiana-cant-fall-into-that-trap-of-believing-it-has-arrived/

Keep ‘em hungry and not satisfied, coach!  The minute you rest on your laurels, you’re toast. Not just in sports.  In life.  

57 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Anyword on any position changes?  Always interesting to hear about who is being converted to play somewhere else.

I feel like I remember hearing about somebody moving around in the husky/safety/CB area.  Maybe Fitzgerald getting more time at safety with Ball coming back?  Can't remember exactly what it was.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some other movement in that group.  Seems like we have been changing a guy our two from safety to CB or from CB to safety the last couple offseasons.

I'm really interested to see what our OL looks like, and if there's any movement there.  I saw that PFF rated our run blocking as average, and our pass blocking as 63rd out of 65 P5 teams.  We had a lot of quick passes, and Penix does a great job under pressure, so maybe that makes things look not as bad.  I was really surprised to see they rated that bad.

PFF said Penix was pressured the 4th most times in FBS, but those pressures were converted to sacks the lowest percentage out of any QB.  Will we try to mix things up on the OL?  Not sure who we'd move around other than the basic moves (LG to RG or C).  Move Bedford inside?  I highly doubt that happens, but on PFF, Bedford, Jones, and Haggard were the 3 worst pass blockers in the league.  Sales is an early enrollee, so maybe he pushes Jones or Bedford for time.

I know Hiller has had some solid individual guys since he's been here, but we haven't been above #8 in pass or run blocking since he's been here.  Our running game has been pretty rough the last 2 years.  With McCullough back, it will be interesting to see how much improvement we see.  Hopefully a lot because I don't like what it means if we still struggle running.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel like I remember hearing about somebody moving around in the husky/safety/CB area.  Maybe Fitzgerald getting more time at safety with Ball coming back?  Can't remember exactly what it was.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some other movement in that group.  Seems like we have been changing a guy our two from safety to CB or from CB to safety the last couple offseasons.

How big would it be to have Fitz and Ball on the field at the same time?  Huge!

OL has some youg talent and the transfer and will have some different schemes with coach coming back with some NFL plays.

The qb room is deep and wonder if there will be some tweaking to get more athletes on the field.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Anyword on any position changes?  Always interesting to hear about who is being converted to play somewhere else.

No, Penix is not changing positions.  I kid, I kid.

Nothing comes to mind on position changes.  I agree that with Ball back perhaps Fitz could move, but I thought he moved to husky before Ball was injured.  I could be misremembering the timing.  In any event the most likely changes are in the DB group, as always.  Usually if there are changes they tend to surface during spring practice.

15 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

No, Penix is not changing positions.  I kid, I kid.

Nothing comes to mind on position changes.  I agree that with Ball back perhaps Fitz could move, but I thought he moved to husky before Ball was injured.  I could be misremembering the timing.  In any event the most likely changes are in the DB group, as always.  Usually if there are changes they tend to surface during spring practice.

I was thinking last winter/spring they talked about Fitzgerald splitting time between husky and safety.  From the little bit I just read, it sounds like he was moved to husky, and Johnson was moved from husky to safety before Ball went down, so I think you are right. With Johnson gone and Ball back, it is nice to have multiple options there.

I'm mostly just hoping Ball is focused and ready to prove himself this year. After how good he was as a freshman, his last 2 seasons were pretty disappointing. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

I know it can go away in an instant.. but damn these last 2 seasons have been fun. Shew. LEO

Now we just need a packed house for every single home game next year. Buy your tickets gang! Even if it's only a single game purchase.....assuming we have fans at games next year. With the Big 10. You never know.

• Like 1