2021-2022 Season

Love me some Stevie Scott and he's a big reason for the change in culture here. It was evident he was a leader and quite honestly didn't care what the other teams jersey or what history told us about the matchup. Kid always showed up to knock heads. 

Now... with that said.. I think Sampson James is the X factor. I just re watched the Purdue game from 2019. He dominated, he might go for 200 if it weren't for the ankle that game. Missed a couple of cuts, but I just think he is someone that is really going to come on for us. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/4/26/football-mccullough-pushes-championship-mentality-in-hoosier-return.aspx

• Like 4

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

@Leathernecks @BobSaccamanno @PAHoosier

I love PH. Especially his toughness and I believe he will have a very good year. 

I absolutely love our younger TE prospects in Steinfeldt and Barner. 

I do too. I think last year's crazy offseason really threw him off. I would imagine this offseason he's a lot more focused on football and ready to get back to being one of the best TEs in the conference.

I still go back to the bowl game against Tennessee. He was unstoppable until he got hurt. I fully expect him to be much more like he was 2 years ago than like he was last year.

Really intrigued by Steinfeldt. I think he could be a really good one too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Hopefully Penix gets some extra motivation by the snub

Why wouldn't they have a separate category for ILB and OLBs? Dumb. 

No way McFadden isn't tip 10 and no way Mullen isn't top 10. 

McFadden whip everybody's ass in front of him anyway. That dude is MEAN and criminally underrated. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, btownqb said:

Why wouldn't they have a separate category for ILB and OLBs? Dumb. 

No way McFadden isn't tip 10 and no way Mullen isn't top 10. 

McFadden whip everybody's ass in front of him anyway. That dude is MEAN and criminally underrated. 

How fast would you say McFadden is?  Do you think he can be a three down LB in the NFL?  The guys who the scouts think can cover too go in the top couple of rounds but if they see you as just a run player, it becomes more of a mid to late round guy.  We are getting more and more smaller off ball LB who can run like the JOK kid from Notre Dame. 

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How fast would you say McFadden is?  Do you think he can be a three down LB in the NFL?  The guys who the scouts think can cover too go in the top couple of rounds but if they see you as just a run player, it becomes more of a mid to late round guy.  We are getting more and more smaller off ball LB who can run like the JOK kid from Notre Dame. 

Speeds the name of the game. And yes I believe MM is a 3 down LBer. 

I bet he runs sub 4.75

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Speeds the name of the game. And yes I believe MM is a 3 down LBer. 

I bet he runs sub 4.75

I’m thinking second round. I’m not exaggerating when I say he’s one of my all time favorite players. First of all, I love defense anyway.  But he was a Hoosier Nation favorite from his first game.  I recall us talking about him after his first game here.  He jumps out at you.  Great embodiment of an IU football player.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m thinking second round. I’m not exaggerating when I say he’s one of my all time favorite players. First of all, I love defense anyway.  But he was a Hoosier Nation favorite from his first game.  I recall us talking about him after his first game here.  He jumps out at you.  Great embodiment of an IU football player.  

Watch his closing speed. He hawks people. 

Yes. We were on that one immediately. I remember calling my dad (35 year season ticket holder) and I said wth whered this kid come from. Dad said "idk but he's gunna be a player." 

Tracy Porter, ARE, Jamar Johnson, Reese Taylor, Micah McFadden, Tevin Coleman.

Those would be my favorites. Late 90s/Early 2000s MLBer from Indy named Justin Smith, I believe.  Yep just found him. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Smith_(linebacker) 

He's from Warren. He would time snap counts and jump the LOS.. it was awesome. 

Those would be my favorites. 

• Like 1

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-uks-rodriguez-ius-penix-stir-early-football-buzz/article_f483e1f2-af61-11eb-9d10-0b12f9b705e6.html

How important will the health of quarterback Michael Penix Jr. be to Indiana?

PFF ranked Penix the No. 5 quarterback, a group led by Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma. Penix threw five touchdowns passes against Ohio State and 14 in six games before he suffered a torn ACL.

PFF said that Penix played behind a sub-par offensive line. When he threw for 305 yards against Ohio State it was the best performance against pressure in college football over the last five seasons, ranking ahead of two games Patrick Mahomes had at Texas Tech.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-uks-rodriguez-ius-penix-stir-early-football-buzz/article_f483e1f2-af61-11eb-9d10-0b12f9b705e6.html

PFF ranked Penix the No. 5 quarterback, a group led by Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma. Penix threw five touchdowns passes against Ohio State and 14 in six games before he suffered a torn ACL.

PFF said that Penix played behind a sub-par offensive line. When he threw for 305 yards against Ohio State it was the best performance against pressure in college football over the last five seasons, ranking ahead of two games Patrick Mahomes had at Texas Tech.

His injuries have really led him to get overlooked nationally. We know what we have. With an injury free season, everyone else will too

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe it's 3-4 decades of watching IU football. Part of me knows how much we've improved as a program...and a part of me knows at Iowa, Cincy, at Penn St, Ohio St, and at Michigan is a gauntlet of a schedule. Could be a better team with worse record this year....or the makings of a very, very special year again. 

I know it takes everyone but Penix health is the absolute key to season. Thanks for sharing article!

• Like 2