2021-2022 Season

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2021-big-ten-win-totals-odds-picks-predictions-for-each-team-as-ohio-state-wisconsin-face-big-numbers/

Did not want to start a new thread with this.....Guy is underestimating us. Losing to Maryland and Purdue?

All 5 of those losses besides Ohio St is basically our season and somehow he thinks we'll be losing every single one? Maryland and Purdue aren't losses. Iowa and Penn St are toss ups...just like Cincy is. Who knows with Michigan?

I have locks to win as Idaho, Western Kentucky, Sparty, Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Maryland. Only game that is probably a loss is Ohio St but again...who knows.

Our reason rests with Iowa, Cincy, Penn St, Michigan.

Split those and we go 9-3. One win or one loss obviously has big implications on potential CFP or another Florida bowl. Either way I like typing exactly what I just did instead of mapping out the 6 win probabilities. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All 5 of those losses besides Ohio St is basically our season and somehow he thinks we'll be losing every single one? Maryland and Purdue aren't losses. Iowa and Penn St are toss ups...just like Cincy is. Who knows with Michigan?

I have locks to win as Idaho, Western Kentucky, Sparty, Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Maryland. Only game that is probably a loss is Ohio St but again...who knows.

Our reason rests with Iowa, Cincy, Penn St, Michigan.

Split those and we go 9-3. One win or one loss obviously has big implications on potential CFP or another Florida bowl. Either way I like typing exactly what I just did instead of mapping out the 6 win probabilities. 

That idiot had Maryland winning only 3 games,  and magically IU was one of them.

I don't have as many "locks" as you do, but I think 8+ wins is very realistic. 

Lock: Idaho

Good chance at W: Western KY, Maryland,  Rutgers, Michigan St., Minnesota, Purdue (but rivalry games at the end of the year are really unpredictable.)

Tossup: Michigan,  Iowa,  Cincinnati 

Have to play exceptionally well....OSU

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Copying this from another thread. They’ve had some interesting takes, but what does everyone see as the biggest liability for this season?

That's the dumbest list I've ever seen in regards to our biggest weakness. Our best position group is DBs lol literally. We have 3 all conference performers back there and Reese Taylor, who I think is better than Williams. 

Anyways.. our weakness is our OL. Hands down. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Copying this from another thread. They’ve had some interesting takes, but what does everyone see as the biggest liability for this season?

My first choice would be offensive line. 2nd choice would be offensive line. Honorable mention would be offensive line. Others receiving votes would be offensive line.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They don't play themselves

I don't remember when the crossover games for this season were scheduled, but a couple years ago, crossover games of Minnesota, Nebraska, and Purdue would have sounded pretty tough.  Now, those are three of the biggest disappointments from last season.  Well, disappointment if you're a fan of them.  I really enjoyed watching all three teams suck.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't remember when the crossover games for this season were scheduled, but a couple years ago, crossover games of Minnesota, Nebraska, and Purdue would have sounded pretty tough.  Now, those are three of the biggest disappointments from last season.  Well, disappointment if you're a fan of them.  I really enjoyed watching all three teams suck.

Right. B1G can't cheat on scheduling. It's done 5 years in advance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right. B1G can't cheat on scheduling. It's done 5 years in advance. 

I do get annoyed that we don't play more teams evenly. I think we've only played Illinois once in the last 8 years, but, I guess when Purdue is your protected crossover game, they can't give you 2 cupcakes!

• Like 3

Just now, Leathernecks said:

I do get annoyed that we don't play more teams evenly. I think we've only played Illinois once in the last 8 years, but, I guess when Purdue is your protected crossover game, they can't give you 2 cupcakes!

Yep. The Purdue game hurts for variety.