2021-2022 Season

Listened to just a short bit of an interview on ESPNU radio on Sirius. They were talking to a guy from 24/7 and asked him what he thought IU's ceiling was this season. He immediately said 2nd in the B1G East, but then said he thought realistically 3rd or 4th. 

I think Penn St. may be tough to overcome, but would be disappointed to fall behind Michigan this year.

19 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listened to just a short bit of an interview on ESPNU radio on Sirius. They were talking to a guy from 24/7 and asked him what he thought IU's ceiling was this season. He immediately said 2nd in the B1G East, but then said he thought realistically 3rd or 4th. 

I think Penn St. may be tough to overcome, but would be disappointed to fall behind Michigan this year.

Realistically Penn St. is better than IU and should finish 2nd in the east.  But it's not a big reach to say we are better than Michigan. 

They lost some important pieces to the draft, had 15 transfers leave the program, and it wasn't a fluke win last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Realistically Penn St. is better than IU and should finish 2nd in the east.  But it's not a big reach to say we are better than Michigan. 

They lost some important pieces to the draft, had 15 transfers leave the program, and it wasn't a fluke win last year. 

Just a few years ago, the toss up games that would decide our season were PU, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois.  Now I feel like the toss up games are PSU, UM, Iowa, Cinci, Minnesota.  So much more fun to be in the 2nd group.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:13 AM, Seeking6 said:

Just got my Ohio St and Michigan St single game tickets this morning. Single game tickets went on sale at 8am. Hopefully everyone is picking a game or two to enjoy. 

Got Cincy.  Was thinking about Rutgers as well, but holding off for now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The concern isn’t about what he does here. The concern is what happens when contact is added to the equation 

Yeah, but nothing more we can know about that until the season starts. At least this shows he's moving decent 2 months before opening day. Should hopefully be close to 100% well ahead of time. 

13 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I continue to be amazed at effortlessly he slings it. I know it was just camp and practice but hearing #18 praise him is never a bad thing. 

I don't want Penix to change how he plays (i.e. running for first downs) but I just want him to realize how important he is to the entire operation when on the field. If that means getting the yards and going down early....so be it. 

14 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I really like hearing Peyton Manning compliment Penix. 

On a (somewhat) related note at the Gator Bowl they recognized different players before the game. Archie Manning was the only one that got cheered by everyone in the stadium. 

54 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

And he had to check his gait due to sideline congestion while decelerating. That increased the stress forces on his ACL greatly. It really was a freak incident.

Football programs need to smarten up and put down better sideline material. Kids get hurt all the time trying to stop on slippery material or in some corner areas there’s not enough room with no wall padding. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Football programs need to smarten up and put down better sideline material. Kids get hurt all the time trying to stop on slippery material or in some corner areas there’s not enough room with no wall padding. 

I'll be honest.. I understand why Rodman kicked the camera guy.  That has to be so incredibly annoying having those guys right on top of you when you play.