2021-2022 Season

I would love 9-3!

Really, anything 7 wins and above and I'd be happy. I think we could/should win 9+, but the one thing we can't afford is a disaster season.

Even if we win the games we'll clearly be favored in as of now (Idaho, WKU, MSU, Maryland, Rutgers, PU), we'll still need to go 3-3 in the other 6 games (Iowa, Cincinnati, PSU, OSU, UM, Minnesota). I like our chances against Michigan and Minnesota, but they'll still be tough games (depending on how crazy things are in their programs by then).

We really need to get Iowa and/or Cincinnati. Being 2-2 going to PSU would be a rough start to the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Matthews, Ball, McFadden, Jones, Bonhomme are flat out athletic freaks and will all be starting on our defense. 

Taylor and Mullen are the best pair of CBs we've had, maybe ever. 

Handy and Anderson are fantastic additions. 

Any word on Jaylin Williams? I can’t find anything regarding the latest hit and run incident as to who was driving his car or if charges were pending. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maybe he should be worried about his job more than throwing shade 

I've been trying to not be critical of him... but F him now. 

He comes to Bloomington in a couple of years we're going to beat him black and blue. F'ing BS and jealous. 

In the coaching world... this is the stuff that gets you a chest to chest after a game. Punk. Absolute Punk. 

Frost is 12-20 at NEB hahahahahaah

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

He comes to Bloomington in a couple of years we're going to beat him black and blue. F'ing BS and jealous. 

In the coaching world... this is the stuff that gets you a chest to chest after a game. Punk. Absolute Punk. 

Can’t tell if that is worse than the Harbaugh, “we are going to die trying to beat Ohio State” 

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maybe he should be worried about his job more than throwing shade 

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sounds like it may have been more of a shot at PJ Fleck. I find it ironic that he used the term sloganeering which sounds like everything he’s speaking against here. 

I will always remember him as the coach that was supposed to bring Nebraska football back that complained about the conference schedule being too hard. Then the next season he got both IU and PU and lost to both. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, btownqb said:

Matthews, Ball, McFadden, Jones, Bonhomme are flat out athletic freaks and will all be starting on our defense. 

Taylor and Mullen are the best pair of CBs we've had, maybe ever. 

Handy and Anderson are fantastic additions. 

Best pair of corners we’ve had since Porter and Majors, and that’s not a small statement. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Best pair of corners we’ve had since Porter and Majors, and that’s not a small statement. 

And you throw in Williams... heck there's a lot of times Williams would be our best CB lol 

Taylor and Mullen are probably our best two tackling corners we've had at the same time, as well. 

• Like 2

Any students on here? I think the next phase of this program building is part of the in stadium experience on gameday. I know the lots are fun. I get it....but was curious if there was any talk about something the students/fans/program could do before each game? 

Was talking with a couple former players last weekend and it's something they said they wished they had an entrance tradition or in game tradition,etc....

Everyone can discuss which entrance or in game traditions are the best. Clemson entrance, South Carolina Sandstorm, Wisconsin Jump, Va Tech Sandman, etc....Iowa end of 1st Quarter. 

Just thinking out loud. There has to be something the students/PA guys can do with LEO and 812. Eminem had a song once about 313,etc...find a song. Play it as loud as Memorial allows....and the chant of LEO and 812 ringing out. 

Just throwing it out there. I want the crowd looking forward to the entrance and anything we can do for the kids. 

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I saw an article yesterday that said next week. I think that means 8 days from now next week, not tomorrow. Not 100% sure on that though. 

Hope so. Forecasted temps look much better next week. Friend of mine lost his younger brother to heat stroke,etc...about 20 years ago in high school football. Still hasn't recovered.

Hopefully anyone who is starting up this week makes it. I do my 6 miles in this stuff and I'm dropping 4-5 lbs of water weight. Can't imagine what some of the bigs lose each day.

• Like 1