2021-2022 Season

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so. Forecasted temps look much better next week. Friend of mine lost his younger brother to heat stroke,etc...about 20 years ago in high school football. Still hasn't recovered.

Hopefully anyone who is starting up this week makes it. I do my 6 miles in this stuff and I'm dropping 4-5 lbs of water weight. Can't imagine what some of the bigs lose each day.

They lose a lot. I lost 8lbs one time in a college practice... and I was a defensive back playing at like 195lbs-198lbs. 

Far cry from 340. 

I will say, and some times freak things simply just happen..... but, a lot of "heat issues" can be avoided by being in the heat and being acclimated. Be in the heat leading up to camp and stay more than hydrated and be eating and you're well on your way to "beating the heat". 

Sorry to hear about your friend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

They lose a lot. I lost 8lbs one time in a college practice... and I was a defensive back playing at like 195lbs-198lbs. 

Far cry from 340. 

I will say, and some times freak things simply just happen..... but, a lot of "heat issues" can be avoided by being in the heat and being acclimated. Be in the heat leading up to camp and stay more than hydrated and be eating and you're well on your way to "beating the heat". 

Sorry to hear about your friend. 

Trust me I believe in the heat. Howard Schnellenberger always used to say the Noon games in Miami had them starting off the game 7-0 because they were going to be so conditioned and used to it. Part of the deal I guess! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

All of it. Absolutely all of it. Thank you Tom Allen for producing a team I can absolutely be proud of. This stuff means a lot to me. 

This isn't Christmas or Thanksgiving.... this is a Wednesday in July when it's 95 out. They gave up video games for the day, whatever else to serve others. 

(Not that someone is wrong for helping on those days)... just wanted to point out how unique this is. Good on them. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All of it. Absolutely all of it. Thank you Tom Allen for producing a team I can absolutely be proud of. This stuff means a lot to me. 

This isn't Christmas or Thanksgiving.... this is a Wednesday in July when it's 95 out. They gave up video games for the day, whatever else to serve others. 

(Not that someone is wrong for helping on those days)... just wanted to point out how unique this is. Good on them. 

It's incredible. Feels like its our payment for dealing with so much heartbreak and losing from the past. Honestly makes it all worth it in my book.

Edited by HooASUier
  • Like 5

Some of you will give me flack for this... 

But some the our struggles in the run game are our QB position has to be treated with such care. 

I'm not saying we have to give Penix the volume of attempts Fields got on the ground, but Penix has to be a factor in that department. 

We can't play him in bubble wrap. Now on 2nd and goal from 3, I don't want him running, but on 1st and 10... we see a favorable box and he keeps it for 8 yards and slides down.... yeah he has to be able to do that, regardless of risk, for us to be antacids anywhere nearly as effective as our offense needs to be. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But some the our struggles in the run game are our QB position has to be treated with such care. 

I'm not saying we have to give Penix the volume of attempts Fields got on the ground, but Penix has to be a factor in that department. 

We can't play him in bubble wrap. Now on 2nd and goal from 3, I don't want him running, but on 1st and 10... we see a favorable box and he keeps it for 8 yards and slides down.... yeah he has to be able to do that, regardless of risk, for us to be antacids anywhere nearly as effective as our offense needs to be. 

100% agree. I remember we used to do a read with Lagow at QB, and it didn't fool Stevie Wonder (and that's only partially because he can actually see!). Everybody knew he wasn't keeping it.

We can't let Penix get to that point. He has to keep it every once in a while to keep the defense somewhat honest.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

100% agree. I remember we used to do a read with Lagow at QB, and it didn't fool Stevie Wonder (and that's only partially because he can actually see!). Everybody knew he wasn't keeping it.

We can't let Penix get to that point. He has to keep it every once in a while to keep the defense somewhat honest.

And we actually had a good run game then!! Lol 

Those OLs were some of the best we've had to consecutive years. 

Basically.. be cautious with MP, but not too cautious. He's still a football player. If we had OSUs OL..  dont ever let him run, but with ours.. we have to keep the defense guessing. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who are you? Mr. Subliminal?

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, we'd really only need Penix to run maybe 20 times during the season. No need to in the easy games, and about 2 times in the important games. He'd be able to slide or go out of bounds on a lot of those, so there wouldn't need to be that many hits taken.

Correct. And I mean.. the last injury was non contact. To me, if it's going to happen.. its going to happen. But our offense can't be handcuffed because of it. 

• Like 1