2021-2022 Season

5 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Iowa is growing on my list of disliked teams. Getting Craig hurt. The allegations of racism made it grow, and Barta put them firmly on the disliked list. 

They are climbing my list of disliked teams also. Mainly because of their fans, i've lurked on a couple of their message boards and they can be major d-bags and pretty obnoxious.

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly I go Clampett style. Just bring a coffee table around that corner of the room and plop one up with antenna to get ABC....and main TV for Cable/BTN.. It's annoying for the rest of the tribe but it only happens about 5x a season.

My buddy up the Monon has a pretty sweet setup though. He turned his backyard into basically an open bar. Because of Covid last summer he built an outside bar with 3 TV's across....even got a bike rack put in for us. My version is nothing compared to his. 

Not trying to be a smart butt...but does your tv not have PIP? If you have antenna to your main tv you can show both sources (antenna/cable). If not have you ever used your lap top (or ps4/5/xbox) to do PIP by hooking it up to your tv (hdmi) and streaming or using your phone to simulcast it to your tv. Most smart tvs you can split your screen or have these options. Just wondering....or does it bother you to lose part of your main screen? I'm assuming most main tvs are big enough for us avid fans to watch two games at once on. If I was you and your interested I'd youtube this idea on how to do it.

Every tv is different but here is a couple vids that might help.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not trying to be a smart butt...but does your tv not have PIP? If you have antenna to your main tv you can show both sources (antenna/cable). If not have you ever used your lap top (or ps4/5/xbox) to do PIP by hooking it up to your tv (hdmi) and streaming or using your phone to simulcast it to your tv. Most smart tvs you can split your screen or have these options. Just wondering....or does it bother you to lose part of your main screen? I'm assuming most main tvs are big enough for us avid fans to watch two games at once on. If I was you and your interested I'd youtube this idea on how to do it.

Every tv is different but here is a couple vids that might help.

Thanks! I like two separate tv's. TV is plenty big it just bothers to do split screen for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Lots of good things from today's press conference with Allen. Hohlt is a walk on who was mentioned on Twitter a few times by reporters as someone who has impressed.

Hopefully Evans picks things up quickly. I've read that he has a bigger leg than Whitehead, but I'm sure he isn't as good at pinning teams inside the 10.

Handy was a big recruit for Auburn, so it's good to hear he's looked good, and didn't just transfer because he couldn't cut it at a P5 program. 

A quicker Jones will be huge for our OL. I can't remember if it was in the bowl game or a different game, but I remember one game where you could see him throwing up on tv between plays. Glad to hear he's slimmed down (can you call it slimmed down to 350?).

Edited by Leathernecks
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! I like two separate tv's. TV is plenty big it just bothers to do split screen for whatever reason. 

No problem! I know that bothers some people. The hassle of two tv setup etc is enough to give my somewhat limited OCD a nightmare lol! Maybe my post will help someone else out though. I used to use it all the time during NFL when I wanted to watch more then 1 game at a time or wanted to have NFL Redzone on along with the Colts for fantasy purposes. Also a 70" tv like 10 feet away is plenty of screen for me to work with two images lol...since I do split monitors at work all day long. Also, maybe growing up split screen multiplayer Goldeneye with my friends also doesn't hurt!! lol

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

No problem! I know that bothers some people. The hassle of two tv setup etc is enough to give my somewhat limited OCD a nightmare lol! Maybe my post will help someone else out though. I used to use it all the time during NFL when I wanted to watch more then 1 game at a time or wanted to have NFL Redzone on along with the Colts for fantasy purposes. Also a 70" tv like 10 feet away is plenty of screen for me to work with two images lol...since I do split monitors at work all day long. Also, maybe growing up split screen multiplayer Goldeneye with my friends also doesn't hurt!! lol

During NFL season I bring it out as well. One on Redzone and the other on Bears. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

At least it'll never be on the same game that way!! 🤣

Haha. Yep! We'll see this year. I was all over (still am) the Mac Jones train last Spring....but Fields has just been outplaying Dalton....of course it's been tough to judge because our OLine sucks and Dalton has been throwing to 3's and 4's.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Haha. Yep! We'll see this year. I was all over (still am) the Mac Jones train last Spring....but Fields has just been outplaying Dalton....of course it's been tough to judge because our OLine sucks and Dalton has been throwing to 3's and 4's.

I love Fields. I think he's star bound. D Watson is who he reminds me of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I love Fields. I think he's star bound. D Watson is who he reminds me of. 

It's tough. I see every bit of Watson in him...and he's bigger, stronger arm, and faster. Problem is my franchise. QB's come to us and somehow/someway we destroy them.....rinse wash repeat since McMahon. I think we have a good one and a chance to be great but 3-4 decades of incompetence at the QB position has me biting my lip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

It's tough. I see every bit of Watson in him...and he's bigger, stronger arm, and faster. Problem is my franchise. QB's come to us and somehow/someway we destroy them.....rinse wash repeat since McMahon. I think we have a good one and a chance to be great but 3-4 decades of incompetence at the QB position has me biting my lip.

Meh

I loved the things OSU would do to put him in good positions. Loved their run packages with him... quick zone read and instead run speed option. So innovative.  

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Been reading a couple different articles on Caleb Jones looking completely different. Down to 340 or 350. Also something I didn't know. His parents own this place in Indy https://hisplaceeatery.com/

No doubt the kid had a tough time keeping the weight off. Never knew they owned but it's awesome food.

Kudos to his parents for getting a tax deduction on their sons food. That has to add up to a sizeable amount!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Toiletmakers at 13th 🤣

That Jeff Brohm hire is loooking better and better by the day.....if you are a Turdue opponent. Hopefully they give him a lifetime contract.👍

I remember 2 years ago, there were threads on IU sites asking when Allen would be fired, and threads on PU sites saying Brohm was the 2nd coming. That was just 2 years ago. Crazy how much changed in a little over 700 days.

• Like 2