2021-2022 Season

On 9/1/2021 at 9:58 PM, Leathernecks said:

I remember 2 years ago, there were threads on IU sites asking when Allen would be fired, and threads on PU sites saying Brohm was the 2nd coming. That was just 2 years ago. Crazy how much changed in a little over 700 days.

No doubt a lot can change in a short period of time. I still have a lot of faith in Brohm and hopefully we see a bounce back year. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

SIAP but I came across this for the Cincinnati game…really cool. Would love to get my hands on one of these jerseys…

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/9/2/iu-football-to-wear-retro-adidas-uniforms-honoring-teams-from-1980s-1990s.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1nboXKIRB-Aj7ygBfxLCLo_DoAM8StbSPLgIzSE5BiiYAXVrW0R__st0I

Lol good luck

At one point I was going to make a "State of IU Athletics" thread and forgot.. 

Anyways... 

I see Brian Walsh, Marshall, and XJ sending tweets to the football team.  

I see Penix and Mullen tweeting about WBB. 

I see the softball team, after a DHer on the road, watch our GBB together on a TV in a conference room at a hotel.  

I see Freddy McEwan tweeting at Jamar Johnson to congratulate him on making the Denver roster. 

I see Romeo retweeting about Johnson being drafted in April. 

Woodson and Allen constantly supporting the other programs on Twitter. Wrestling coach, as well.  

We are in an excellent spot, especially as a whole, in our athletics dept. It's good to see, it really is.  

I know this post doesn't necessarily go in this thread.. but Walshs tweet today made me glad how supportive they are of one another and quite honestly I think CTA is the catalyst for that. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

At one point I was going to make a "State of IU Athletics" thread and forgot.. 

Anyways... 

I see Brian Walsh, Marshall, and XJ sending tweets to the football team.  

I see Penix and Mullen tweeting about WBB. 

I see the softball team, after a DHer on the road, watch our GBB together on a TV in a conference room at a hotel.  

I see Freddy McEwan tweeting at Jamar Johnson to congratulate him on making the Denver roster. 

I see Romeo retweeting about Johnson being drafted in April. 

Woodson and Allen constantly supporting the other programs on Twitter. Wrestling coach, as well.  

We are in an excellent spot, especially as a whole, in our athletics dept. It's good to see, it really is.  

I know this post doesn't necessarily go in this thread.. but Walshs tweet today made me glad how supportive they are of one another and quite honestly I think CTA is the catalyst for that. 

I've been an IU fan all my life. Never at the same time have I felt this momentum across the board. Of course football and obviously hoops carry the water....but if football keeps doing their thing and Coach Woodson early returns continue....we are in store for a very, very nice run here over coming years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been an IU fan all my life. Never at the same time have I felt this momentum across the board. Of course football and obviously hoops carry the water....but if football keeps doing their thing and Coach Woodson early returns continue....we are in store for a very, very nice run here over coming years.

Yes. Didn't even mention Mercer.. hes very supportive, as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Lol good luck

Indiana University Surplus Store will likely put them up for sale like they have most others in years past (they are currently selling unused cleats). These also find their way on eBay pretty consistently. I have two game worn road jerseys, one from around 2009 and one from 2012 that my wife wears. Just have to wait on them to go up for sale

26 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Any word on if they’ll have names on them?

This is from the link above-

The Hoosiers will wear uniforms that mirror those worn by Mallory's teams from 1987-96 during the sold out Sept. 18 home game against No. 10 Cincinnati. The uniforms are part of the adidas Reverse Retro Collection, which will also be available for fans to purchase beginning Sept. 6 through adidas.com, Fanatics.com, and the Indiana University Bookstore.

This is a huge year for player development.  There are younger guys all over that I’d love to see take steps forward.  Too many guys to mention but I am thinking about some of our good recruits.  Development is a huge aspect and I’d love to see big progress. 

O line. Carpenter. Holtz.  Katic, keep coming on.  Eventually Sales  

WR.  Bunch of them.  Swinton. Green. Williams.  Even more guys.  Ton of young talent. Let’s see some step forward  

RB. Holloman is electric.  Baldwin keep going 

TE. Barner.  Nice catch yesterday 

DL.  Robbins. Let’s go young man.  Murphy. Cooper Jones  

LB. Cameron Williams. 

DB. Sanguinetti. 

Can’t name them all but player development is huge and let’s see some great progress this year.  

It may only be a glimpse in games but it’s huge aspect of college football really any year.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1