2021-2022 Season

5 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

How do things work?  Iowa State looses at home to Iowa and they move down to 14.  Indiana looses on the road to Iowa and they can't sniff the rankings.  Is there something I am missing?  Is it my Hoosier glasses?

Optics of the game. Even though Iowa was in control yesterday, State at least kept the score respectable. IU was never in the game v the Hawkeyes.

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Iowa St gotta be lower than 14 though, I feel.

I'll check more into it tomorrow. 

I mean.. UNI took them to the brink and they were fairly handled yesterday. I'm not saying unranked, 14 seems high though. 

Exactly.  They really weren't competitive with Iowa.  The Hawkeyes manhandled them on both sides of the ball.  With a decent qb, Iowa scores 50.  Coupled with the struggle against UNI, it just goes to show polls aren't really about the best teams.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Exactly.  They really weren't competitive with Iowa.  The Hawkeyes manhandled them on both sides of the ball.  With a decent qb, Iowa scores 50.  Coupled with the struggle against UNI, it just goes to show polls aren't really about the best teams.

Preseason polls are the problem. Zero reason we need to have those. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think  we deserve to be ranked! We lose embarrassingly bad to Iowa. Beat a Idaho team that who cares, then give a game to Cincy away. Our offense couldn’t score 3 times inside the 10. What top twenty five team does that. 
I would think the big question is how long do we stay with Penix! I would think the team is losing faith in him! 

9 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I don’t think  we deserve to be ranked! We lose embarrassingly bad to Iowa. Beat a Idaho team that who cares, then give a game to Cincy away. Our offense couldn’t score 3 times inside the 10. What top twenty five team does that. 
I would think the big question is how long do we stay with Penix! I would think the team is losing faith in him! 

Penix is an easy guy to root for. For being a “flashy” kind of athlete, he’s usually the first to defer credit when it’s given. And despite his struggles, it doesn’t look like he’s lost his confidence. 

If the team hasn’t lost confidence in him, that says a lot about him. Despite him not being at his best, he’s still the guy they want to follow into battle. 

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Penix is an easy guy to root for. For being a “flashy” kind of athlete, he’s usually the first to defer credit when it’s given. And despite his struggles, it doesn’t look like he’s lost his confidence. 

If the team hasn’t lost confidence in him, that says a lot about him. Despite him not being at his best, he’s still the guy they want to follow into battle. 

There was a video IU put out a few weeks ago. As players were coming off the field after practice, someone was asking them who they'd like to be stranded with on a desert island. One of the guys said they'd like to be stuck with Penix because they knew everybody would try to find him.

They respect him, and know how important he is to IU football. Even though he's struggled a ton, I think they're still all behind him.

Should be an interesting day in South Florida. My gut says Manny will be gone by end of the day. Ever since lighting up Notre Dame in 2017 the program has been .500....only reason Manny hasn't been let go before is that Florida St program is even worse. 

What a shame. 2 dominant programs for decades are in shambles because the Administration/AD/Coaches aren't on same page. We've experienced the same too. Glad IU is hooked up across the board in all sports right now.