2021-2022 Season

2 hours ago,  IndyHoosier22 said: 

Nick Sheridan is an absolutely awful OC. I would love to see the stat breakdown on what percentage our first down plays are runs, because it has to be a stupidly high percentage. 

and that’s with an offensive line that hasn’t been able to dominate anyone. 

Expand  

Coach Allen HAS to notice the dramatic regression from popular and successful IU OC, Kalen DeBor to current OC, Nick Sheridan….. Coach Allen quickly found new OC, DeBor after former OC, Mike DeBord retired. I feel DeBord and Sheridan are cut from the same tree. This has got to be an area of focus this off season. I wouldn’t be surprised if the OL performance and play calling  continued a downward spiral this season, that Coach Allen fires Sheridan or Hiller at the end of the season, if not before it’s over. It’s just a gut feeling I’ve had for some time. I’ve noticed several times after a particular poor offensive play call or set from IU,  the camera zooms in on Coach Allen and he’s visibly frustrated, appearing to be questioning certain play calls. I was trying to read his lips one particular time and I swear he said, “What the HECK was that???”

In all his post game interviews with Fisher, Coach Allen keeps shouldering the blame for IU’s problems this year, as any good coach should. He keeps repeating the same thing, “ Our coaches have got to do a better job of coaching and preparing these player, … and it starts with me, I’m the head coach.” 
I think he’s very pleased with all the coaches on the defensive side of the ball. I don’t think he’s confident with the job Sheridan and Hiller have done.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Surprised I didn't see this being discussed. Baldwin in transfer portal. To me this seems odd timing wise but it seems like Mike Hart had his guys and Deland McCullough wants a different type of back. 

He'd dropped on the depth chart since he hadn't been able to hold onto the football. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Surprised I didn't see this being discussed. Baldwin in transfer portal. To me this seems odd timing wise but it seems like Mike Hart had his guys and Deland McCullough wants a different type of back. 

Not sure if he can red shirt or if he played in more than 4 of our 5 games. Kind of sucks because he was the only back I saw with that second gear that could possibly break off a long run. That said he put the ball on the ground too much and got in the doghouse. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

2 hours ago,  IndyHoosier22 said: 

Nick Sheridan is an absolutely awful OC. I would love to see the stat breakdown on what percentage our first down plays are runs, because it has to be a stupidly high percentage. 

and that’s with an offensive line that hasn’t been able to dominate anyone. 

Expand  

Coach Allen HAS to notice the dramatic regression from popular and successful IU OC, Kalen DeBor to current OC, Nick Sheridan….. Coach Allen quickly found new OC, DeBor after former OC, Mike DeBord retired. I feel DeBord and Sheridan are cut from the same tree. This has got to be an area of focus this off season. I wouldn’t be surprised if the OL performance and play calling  continued a downward spiral this season, that Coach Allen fires Sheridan or Hiller at the end of the season, if not before it’s over. It’s just a gut feeling I’ve had for some time. I’ve noticed several times after a particular poor offensive play call or set from IU,  the camera zooms in on Coach Allen and he’s visibly frustrated, appearing to be questioning certain play calls. I was trying to read his lips one particular time and I swear he said, “What the HECK was that???”

In all his post game interviews with Fisher, Coach Allen keeps shouldering the blame for IU’s problems this year, as any good coach should. He keeps repeating the same thing, “ Our coaches have got to do a better job of coaching and preparing these player, … and it starts with me, I’m the head coach.” 
I think he’s very pleased with all the coaches on the defensive side of the ball. I don’t think he’s confident with the job Sheridan and Hiller have done.

Hiller definitely has got to go. I’m tired of our offensive line being bad every year. It used to actually be a strength under Wilson. Sheridan most likely gotta go as well. I’d like to see what happens with Tuttle under center though before I’m for sure but so far the offense has been way to predictable beside the Cincy game where we used some nice Mis Direction plays. 

Edited by 5 championships
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I know you need a back that will grind out those yards and especially move the pile forward on those short yardage plays but whomever starts next year....I hope they are a little closer to Tevin Coleman then Stephen Carr.

F the grinding. We can use Spegal for that. Give me a home run hitter. Speed kills. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Are RBs always that soft? Walker, James, Baldwin? 

SOFTTTTT

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, fellas. 

I was thinking the same thing........I'm like, "Quit being so sensitive!" Good grief! So many of these player have been coddled so much and put up on a pedestal they can never live up to. I'm not saying this is the case here, but man..... Give me an "under the radar" coachable, work horse who will always own up. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

F the grinding. We can use Spegal for that. Give me a home run hitter. Speed kills. 

Sadly Baldwin was the only back that I thought had that quick burst....hoping next year we find that. Agree....defenses are getting so fast side line to side line...need someone that can put one foot in the ground and cut and hit the hole fast.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I was thinking the same thing........I'm like, "Quit being so sensitive!" Good grief! So many of these player have been coddled so much and put up on a pedestal they can never live up to. I'm not saying this is the case here, but man..... Give me a "under the radar" coachable, work horse who will always own up. 

Jamar Johnson comes to mind. Dude barely saw the field as a FR... but when he did, he popped on film. SO year he made big plays, JR year he put it all together, now he's playing on Sundays. Idk.. I'm not going to go over the top on the internet with criticism, but a ridiculous decision by Baldwin. 

• Like 1