2021-2022 Season

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I cannot stand PFF, but this is just goes along with what we've been saying the whole time. Bottom line is... we have more talent than we've ever had. The coaching is better, the facilities are better, but at the end of the day... Jimmies and Joes trump all.

I also think Hendershot and Matthews are very close to being Top 10. I actually think PH is absolutely a top 10 TE, but he didn't have the year last year to be on this list, which is fine.

Edit: actually PH is listed on their names to "watch for"

Edited by btownqb

On 5/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, btownqb said:

I also think Hendershot and Matthews are very close to being Top 10. I actually think PH is absolutely a top 10 TE, but he didn't have the year last year to be on this list, which is fine.

Edit: actually PH is listed on their names to "watch for"

I think Hendershot was probably a few dropped passes away from being comfortably in the top 10... *cough* Penn St. *cough*

5 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I think Hendershot was probably a few dropped passes away from being comfortably in the top 10... *cough* Penn St. *cough*

Honestly that one didn't bother me as much as the one he had against UM. The one against PSU, Penix threw absolutely, unreasonably hard... and the official had to duck to avoid the ball and then bam the ball is on Peyton. Yes, should have caught it.. but I can honestly understand why he didn't.

And that's coming from a former QB lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Honestly that one didn't bother me as much as the one he had against UM. The one against PSU, Penix threw absolutely, unreasonably hard... and the official had to duck to avoid the ball and then bam the ball is on Peyton. Yes, should have caught it.. but I can honestly understand why he didn't.

And that's coming from a former QB lol

It can’t be easy for a TE to go from Ramsey to Penix. The ball comes at the receiver at incredibly difficult angles and velocity. Hopefully working with Tuttle will help him adapt better. Where I thought Hendershot shined was going up and getting Ramsey’s 50/50 balls...those are a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if I’ve posted yet, but it’s worth saying again if I have. I’m more excited for this season than any I can remember. 

We confirmed that our tickets have been ordered last week. I don’t know where we’ll be sitting but we will be there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

A 9-3 regular season, and I'd be really excited.  I'm thinking 7 wins would be a "meh" season.  Anything less would be disappointing, and anything more and I'd be happy.

It's remarkable how far the program has progressed in just a couple of seasons. 

7 wins would be considered a mild disappointment with games vs Cincy, Iowa, OSU, UM, and PSU.

Plus Maryland has a talented group (questionable coach), and Rutgers isn't the pushover they once were.  I think we win the bucket game but it's very unlikely it will be a blowout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DireBump said:

Anything more than 6 wins and I am happy lol

In the past I've said we just need to shoot for consistent bowl appearances in the short term.  However, I think we have more talent than that this year.  A 6-6 season would mean losses to OSU, PSU, UM, Cinci, and 2 of Iowa, Minnesota, PU, MSU, Maryland, and Rutgers.  Crazy to think that I'd be disappointed with a 6 win season.  Amazing how far we've come in 2 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

It's remarkable how far the program has progressed in just a couple of seasons. 

7 wins would be considered a mild disappointment with games vs Cincy, Iowa, OSU, UM, and PSU.

Plus Maryland has a talented group (questionable coach), and Rutgers isn't the pushover they once were.  I think we win the bucket game but it's very unlikely it will be a blowout.

It is remarkable how far we've come.  2 summers ago, there was a lot of talk about if Allen was going to be fired or if he'd turn it around.

I'm not too worried about Maryland until they show it on the field.  They're 2-10 in their last 12 games.  Even with an increase in talent (seriously, can't get why kids want to play for him), I'm confident he won't coach them up.

Rutgers is kind of the opposite.  They'll be coached up, but I just don't think they have the talent.  That cupboard was really bare.  I think they're a year or two away from being a consistent threat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I'd be ecstatic with 9-3. I'd like to trade the win vs Rutgers for a win vs OSU, however!

Just because it has been so long since we have beaten them, I would take 8-4 with a win over OSU rather than 9-3 with a loss to OSU.

We really need to get the OSU and bowl win monkeys off our backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

That seems a little generous :coffee:

I think for Brohm to avoid a hot seat, and kill the rest of the recruiting mometum, they need to go at least 6-6.

They probably need to find a way to get two wins out of the ND, OSU, Minnesota,  Northwestern,  Iowa, Wisconsin,  IU games.  That will be tough. 

If they only get one out of that, there's no room for error with their other 2 nonconference games,  Illinois,  Nebraska,  and Michigan St.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, Reacher said:

I'd be ecstatic with 9-3. I'd like to trade the win vs Rutgers for a win vs OSU, however!

Yep.  I’ve had it with OSU.  They always reload but they did lose ALOT.

As an aside, Rutgers is going to be tough to beat in the future.  Their coach knows how to win games.  The East is so brutal.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1