2021-2022 Season

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I hope I’m right, but I’m getting the Howard/Coleman vibe. 

Man, I'm sooooo hoping they you're right.  A strong running game will take some of the heat off M. Penix... right??  Just want him to get through a complete season.   😇 🙏

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Man, I'm sooooo hoping they you're right.  A strong running game will take some of the heat off M. Penix... right??  Just want him to get through a complete season.   😇

If we have a running game that can consistently put Penix in 2nd and 5/2nd and 4 situations....

....sorry, started drooling there. Where was I?

• Haha 1

Nice to see these comments about our future too.

Dave Revsine

@BTNDaveRevsine

·

55m

One last thought on Indiana - freshman QB Donaven McCulley really impressed during team drills today (stuff we don't film - so I can't send accompanying video). A name to remember - has a chance to be a very good Big Ten quarterback.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice to see these comments about our future too.

Dave Revsine

@BTNDaveRevsine

·

55m

One last thought on Indiana - freshman QB Donaven McCulley really impressed during team drills today (stuff we don't film - so I can't send accompanying video). A name to remember - has a chance to be a very good Big Ten quarterback.

Yeah..I see good things on the horizon. I just hope this year we can build the bridge of a special season before to the future. I think to continue the momentum a good year is important. We have a very very difficult schedule…but it’s also a schedule full of opportunity if we capitalize on it. Hoping for the best!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah..I see good things on the horizon. I just hope this year we can build the bridge of a special season before to the future. I think to continue the momentum a good year is important. We have a very very difficult schedule…but it’s also a schedule full of opportunity if we capitalize on it. Hoping for the best!

During my little 30 minute a night timeout I love to watch highlights of games. Fryfogle made a catch on a 2nd and 20 at Nebraska to set up the Scott TD....and Hendershot made a couple of catches during that game as well that were phenomenal.

Reason I bring that up is I don't think I recognized in the 19 season what these guys were capable of ..specifically that win....very special group and can't wait to send them out this year as probably the most successful 4 year run of IU players ever. 

• Like 1

A few things I'm seeing from today's press conferences. They're focused on the OL today.

Caleb Jones says he is down to 350 for the first time since high school. I think being away from the team last spring and summer hurt him a ton. He got huge. Really needs that added quickness that comes with losing 40 pounds.

Luke Haggard is up to around 310, up 30-40 pounds from last year. He was decent at 270 last year, so the added weight will be huge if Jones or Bedford get hurt or struggle.

Bedford focused on pass protection all summer. Said before that pass blocking was his Achilles heel.

Hiller said he moved around the depth chart on the interior yesterday. Not sure if that means starters or reserves.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Posted in the wrong thread. 

Counting down the days to 9/4 and planning my home tailgate. 

Same. Getting the multiple tv's setup. IU/Iowa will be my priority but I also have Canes/Bama on at same time. My sister and her friends are actually going to Iowa City for the game.....2 IU alumni and 2 Iowa fans. I am trying to catch her up to speed on Iowa/Gary Barta and I explained his circular logic last year....and her reply was that doesn't make any sense. Haha.

I don't have the disdain for Iowa as some other Big 10 programs but after what Barta did I pray we pound their balls into the ground on the 4th. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same. Getting the multiple tv's setup. IU/Iowa will be my priority but I also have Canes/Bama on at same time. My sister and her friends are actually going to Iowa City for the game.....2 IU alumni and 2 Iowa fans. I am trying to catch her up to speed on Iowa/Gary Barta and I explained his circular logic last year....and her reply was that doesn't make any sense. Haha.

I don't have the disdain for Iowa as some other Big 10 programs but after what Barta did I pray we pound their balls into the ground on the 4th. 

Kind of polar opposites what is going on at IU and the atmosphere we are fostering and Iowa. Hope that manifests some positivity for us on the field some how.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, Seeking6 said:

How do you do your tv setup? Anything outside? We go through this for the Kentucky Derby every year. This year we actually had a TV fall. 

Iowa is growing on my list of disliked teams. Getting Craig hurt. The allegations of racism made it grow, and Barta put them firmly on the disliked list. 

• Like 2

Just now, BeerBQ said:

How do you do your tv setup? Anything outside? We go through this for the Kentucky Derby every year. This year we actually had a TV fall. 

Iowa is growing on my list of disliked teams. Getting Craig hurt. The allegations of racism made it grow, and Barta put them firmly on the disliked list. 

Honestly I go Clampett style. Just bring a coffee table around that corner of the room and plop one up with antenna to get ABC....and main TV for Cable/BTN.. It's annoying for the rest of the tribe but it only happens about 5x a season.

My buddy up the Monon has a pretty sweet setup though. He turned his backyard into basically an open bar. Because of Covid last summer he built an outside bar with 3 TV's across....even got a bike rack put in for us. My version is nothing compared to his. 

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly I go Clampett style. Just bring a coffee table around that corner of the room and plop one up with antenna to get ABC....and main TV for Cable/BTN.. It's annoying for the rest of the tribe but it only happens about 5x a season.

My buddy up the Monon has a pretty sweet setup though. He turned his backyard into basically an open bar. Because of Covid last summer he built an outside bar with 3 TV's across....even got a bike rack put in for us. My version is nothing compared to his. 

You have the same method as us. We learned the hard way that a pop up tent over the edge of a tv can make it fall over no matter how stable the table is. 

Im always looking for outdoor entertainment ideas. It’s hard to justify any real money Indiana where it only makes sense for a few months. 

• Like 1