2021-2022 Season

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

With the current freshman, kids who got playing time, the FSU transfer and, class coming in, and Fryfogel....man.

Speed in the group as well.  Going to not only help with O, but ST.

Good sign for Whop coming back, and depending on What Penix, preseason top 20? Can’t count out Tuttle, needs more games under his belt

Can't even state how big it is for Fryfogle to come back.  I had been working under the impression that he and Whop would leave just so I wouldn't get my hopes up.  Him coming back is massive.  Even if Whop leaves, we'll still have incredibly talented receivers.  Hopefully Hendershot returns to his previous form.  He had more yards as a freshman than he did this year.  Different number of games, but he only had 151 yards on 22 catches.  Multiple huge drops too.  Hopefully he can get back to sophomore year form.  Throw in a 5th year from Fryfogle, and bringing Marshall, Matthews, a ton of young talent in Hewitt, Swinton, and a lot of others.  We're in great shape for another awesome season.

• Like 1

I'll echo everyone else. Fryfogle coming back is just big. So many programs in hoops or football have guys leave just a tad early and they come back a tad. This to me is the equivalent of a borderline first round/second round pick in NBA coming back for his junior year.

Get Penix healthy. Add the transfers and the others returning. I've never wanted a football season for IU to come so quickly. I'll start the wagon now. Eventually Corso is going to have to step down....how about gameday in Bloomington for Ohio St at IU next year???

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll echo everyone else. Fryfogle coming back is just big. So many programs in hoops or football have guys leave just a tad early and they come back a tad. This to me is the equivalent of a borderline first round/second round pick in NBA coming back for his junior year.

Get Penix healthy. Add the transfers and the others returning. I've never wanted a football season for IU to come so quickly. I'll start the wagon now. Eventually Corso is going to have to step down....how about gameday in Bloomington for Ohio St at IU next year???

I'm thinking the Cincinnati game would be a good one to have gameday at. Could be the first top ten matchup of the year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm still like astonished... I haven't quite grasped this quite yet. 

I think NFL probably has questions on his speed and route running ability right now which is hurting his draft stock. Haven't seen him projected much higher than a 6th/7th rounder. Can't do much about the speed aspect but if he can hone his route running he could become a day 2 or early day 3 pick.

Edited by IndyHoosier22
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I think NFL probably has questions on his speed and route running ability right now which is hurting his draft stock. Haven't seen him projected much higher than a 6th/7th rounder. Can't do much about the speed aspect but if he can hone his route running he could become a day 2 or early day 3 pick.

I agree. But I still didn't expect it. He made the right decision, though it was a tough one. 

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I went to Burger King this week and ordered a whopper and fries for good luck. Didn't expect news this soon. Usually they don't get orders out this quickly. Still waiting on that whopper though. 

Whop would be big, but I actually think the offense will be fine and the young talent needs time to shine.  Ball can only go to so many targets.

Swann in the kid that would be very helpful for our D.  Hope he comes back

There are some other tranfers out there that had IU interest in recruiting.  Also some midwest, Indiana ties.  Wonder who they are talking to?

I wonder who are some of the readshirts or should I say true freshman that are ready to breakout? 

Edited by Fiveoutofsix

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

Whop is AWFULLY excited for Fryfogle to come back. 

I noticed that, too. I’m not sure if it means much but it can’t be bad. 

This team talked a lot about being close and they’re showing it with how many guys are coming back. I still expect some transfers but I’m surprised none have come out and so many guys were quick to return. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Going to be hard for us to ever be the favorites in the west, at any point, with the way things are set up now. 

Very true, and sad.  Hardbaugh getting an extension will make them more of a favorite....lol jk.  

Got to win a bowel game.  Hoping we have a dynamic pass rusher waiting in the wings- and, we get more creative with our running game/staple of running backs. Win a bowl game.  Two years, just came up short.  

Doesn't stop momentum, in my opinion.  Big offseason with Wellman - very excited to see what he can do.