2021-2022 Season

The CFP really needs to be expanded.  It is a joke right now.  If you aren't one of about 5 teams, you have really low odds of ever making it.  Of the 7 years of the CFP, 22 of the 28 spots have gone to Bama, OSU, Clemson, ND, or Oklahoma.  That obviously makes sense because those are often the best teams, but there is a clear bias by the selection committee to try to get certain teams in.  With only 4 teams, there are some really good teams that don't have the right name on their jersey that get left out.

Also, at 8 teams, we could be getting real close to that in the next couple years.

Edited by Leathernecks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

The CFP really needs to be expanded.  It is a joke right now.  If you aren't one of about 5 teams, you have really low odds of ever making it.  Of the 7 years of the CFP, 22 of the 28 spots have gone to Bama, OSU, Clemson, ND, or Oklahoma.  That obviously makes sense because those are often the best teams, but there is a clear bias by the selection committee to try to get certain teams in.  With only 4 teams, there are some really good teams that don't have the right name on their jersey that get left out.

Also, at 8 teams, we could be getting real close to that in the next couple years.

I agree on the 8 teams.  

How about football having a season that is conference only games?

The Power 5 cons get 5 spots for their conference champs.

Now we can debate on the 3 "wild cards."

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

IU getting ready to hire Georgia DB's coach Charlton Warren. Has high major experience across the board and big recruiter. Like the reach here from IU and Coach Allen. 

Thanks for the intel!  Hit the south hard in recruiting!  He’s worked for some big southern schools, UNC, Florida, Tenn, and of course Georgia.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for the intel!  Hit the south hard in recruiting!  He’s worked for some big southern schools, UNC, Florida, Tenn, and of course Georgia.  

Just on paper. This is just an outstanding hire.....and I know exactly where IU sits in the pecking order of things but when we can reach a guy who has been where he's been. Man.

The guy will be a head coach someday but why not get 3-4 years from him and a dozen or so NFL prospects. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

IU getting ready to hire Georgia DB's coach Charlton Warren. Has high major experience across the board and big recruiter. Like the reach here from IU and Coach Allen. 

I was really hopeful it was going to be Symons, but like I said earlier, if this guy beat out Symons, he must be pretty impressive.

• Like 2

I’m a bit surprised because I’m not sure about his prior knowledge of the 4-2-5.  I’m sure Coach Allen will address it when they introduce him.  Maybe Allen will be hands on and work with him in installing it.  

Georgia is always fast on D and we’ve been headed that way.  I like that trend and expect it to accelerate.  

https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-Hoosiers-football-Charlton-Warren-defensive-coordinator-Georgia-Bulldogs-football-coach-159449834/

• Like 2

I see that he went to school and played at the Air Force Academy.  So, not surprisingly, he’s really smart.  You’d expect that for a coordinator.  I think of disciplined play too when I think of the academies.  I like coaches who get penalties and errors way down.  He sounds like a very solid hire.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m a bit surprised because I’m not sure about his prior knowledge of the 4-2-5.  I’m sure Coach Allen will address it when they introduce him.  Maybe Allen will be hands on and work with him in installing it.  

Georgia is always fast on D and we’ve been headed that way.  I like that trend and expect it to accelerate.  

https://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-Hoosiers-football-Charlton-Warren-defensive-coordinator-Georgia-Bulldogs-football-coach-159449834/

A little old, but might still be true.

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2019/02/22/georgia-football-current-3-4-defense-better-todd-granthams/2/

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I see that he went to school and played at the Air Force Academy.  So, not surprisingly, he’s really smart.  You’d expect that for a coordinator.  I think of disciplined play too when I think of the academies.  I like coaches who get penalties and errors way down.  He sounds like a very solid hire.  

Exactly. Besides his recent stints at Georgia, Florida, Tennessee,etc....the Air Force part is what stands out to me. Smart, disciplined...and that honesty works on the recruiting trail. Really good news this afternoon for IU football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Question would be did he get them or the name Georgia get them.

Normally I'd say the name...but those recruits were choosing him and Georgia over Bama, Clemson,etc....which means he has something that separates himself or adds value to choose Georgi over those schools.

I know we won't be getting those types but good 4 star guys we now have as good as chance as anyone....especially in defensive backfield. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Normally I'd say the name...but those recruits were choosing him and Georgia over Bama, Clemson,etc....which means he has something that separates himself or adds value to choose Georgi over those schools.

I know we won't be getting those types but good 4 star guys we now have as good as chance as anyone....especially in defensive backfield. 

I wasn't trying to be negative and was just asking.  To expect him to get 5 star players to IU.

• Like 1