2021 NET Rankings

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never said others didn't have fanatics' as well but other schools see that Archie has lost some of the fan base they will use it to their advantage.

Other schools don't need our fanbase to scare recruits.  All they need is game film over the last 3+ seasons.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Other schools don't need our fanbase to scare recruits.  All they need is game film over the last 3+ seasons.

Go Hoosiers!!!

The prospects would see that we have and do need shooters, a PG that didn't have a concussion, a big, a wing with an attitude...yeah.  And they would say, I can get some time on the floor at IU and help improve performance.  They would understand that JS and RL are gone.  They would see that IU shares the ball and plays decent defense.  And there is a strong fan base and AH is a great place to play.  They would see a coach that performed well at Dayton but his teams have struggled at Indiana because of playing out of position and weak bench.  

If the recruit wants justification to not come to IU then that recruit can find it.  If the recruit wants justification to come to Indiana then that recruit can find it.

47 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

We went from 51 to 50 after our win against Maryland 

Sounds about right. Quad 2 game at home that was won by single digits. From a NET perspective, no upside to last night's game, but a loss would have really hurt. We need to steal one of these big road conference games (not Nebraska) to give us a good jump.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never said others didn't have fanatics' as well but other schools see that Archie has lost some of the fan base they will use it to their advantage.

Do you have an example from one recruit/coach/inside person that has ever used a fanbase being unhappy with a coach as selling point for their school against IU or any other school? And not a coach who is on the about to get fired hot seat.

You keep using this as a reason we should all just grin and bare it and never have anything negative to say about anything  for the good of the school and team.

51 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Some notable rankings:

UNC 61

Auburn 75

GA 85

Memphis 94

Dayton 111 (OBI Wan where are you?)

Duke 117

MSU 120

UK  143

Nevada 146

Georgetown 149

ND 169

Butler 171

KS ST 196

Other one are:

Stanford 52

Providence  77

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Do you have an example from one recruit/coach/inside person that has ever used a fanbase being unhappy with a coach as selling point for their school against IU or any other school? And not a coach who is on the about to get fired hot seat.

You keep using this as a reason we should all just grin and bare it and never have anything negative to say about anything  for the good of the school and team.

Vander Blue had committed to UW but after some UW fans comments he decommitted and went to Marquette.  I pretty sure there were stories from the brooks family about our fan base.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Vander Blue had committed to UW but after some UW fans comments he decommitted and went to Marquette.  I pretty sure there were stories from the brooks family about our fan base.

That's right. Vander Blue went public about it -- usually recruits don't. 

And in fairness to the question you responded to, it's not about all just grinning and bearing it and playing nice, it's about not going overboard with over-the-top criticism of players and the coach, and ridiculous negativity. Recruits and their families, and sometimes players and their families (remember Yogi's mom, etc.) do read the various boards, we've had parents of various players here, we have info on recruits reading the boards (they don't post) etc. It's just basic common sense and decency to think about how over the top a post might be before posting it. Really not rocket science, and it shouldn't be dismissively castigated.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

And in fairness to the question you responded to, it's not about all just grinning and bearing it and playing nice, it's about not going overboard with over-the-top criticism of players and the coach, and ridiculous negativity. Recruits and their families, and sometimes players and their families (remember Yogi's mom, etc.) do read the various boards, we've had parents of various players here, we have info on recruits reading the boards (they don't post) etc. It's just basic common sense and decency to think about how over the top a post might be before posting it. Really not rocket science, and it shouldn't be dismissively castigated.

I know on the football board Richard Lagow's dad was on there all the time.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I know on the football board Richard Lagow's dad was on there all the time.

I know this board has had this discussion 100 times, but if a kid would decommit because some fans on a message board were criticizing him, he has issues or didn't want to be there.  I would like to see a message board from any school that all fans said nothing but positive, good things and never criticize a player or coach.  Now, I always defend this side of it, but you also never see me personally attack a kid.  I never call him names, make personal attacks, just say he isn't all that good or not playing well, etc.  Scott - am I mistaken or were you just a tad negative on the game thread last night?

38 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I know this board has had this discussion 100 times, but if a kid would decommit because some fans on a message board were criticizing him, he has issues or didn't want to be there.  I would like to see a message board from any school that all fans said nothing but positive, good things and never criticize a player or coach.  Now, I always defend this side of it, but you also never see me personally attack a kid.  I never call him names, make personal attacks, just say he isn't all that good or not playing well, etc.  Scott - am I mistaken or were you just a tad negative on the game thread last night?

I agree with the thought that a player that decommits because of a bunch of posts on a fan message board has other things going on.  That, plus the fact that there are so many trolls and posters that just do not like the home team or just like to control the dialogue.  I find it hard to believe that any weight is given to these sites by prospects.  

On the other hand, many people are gullible.  But if those prospects are so influenced and can't be objective...then maybe...they aren't really good, intelligent, ballers with decent basketball IQs.  Probably would fall for a shot fake every time.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Those fans are not on here.  Those fans are the outliers to the normal fan and we all know it.  Nothing said on this site is the things Recruits are referencing.  They are referencing people who contact them directly though Twitter or Insta and Social media platforms.  Those i agree are negative to the recruiting of players.  But this board.  These posts.  They are not being used against us when recruiting by other coaches.  Just my 2 cents.  But good examples, i had forgotten about Vander Blue and Brooks

1 hour ago, Air Ball said:

I agree with the thought that a player that decommits because of a bunch of posts on a fan message board has other things going on.  That, plus the fact that there are so many trolls and posters that just do not like the home team or just like to control the dialogue.  I find it hard to believe that any weight is given to these sites by prospects.  

On the other hand, many people are gullible.  But if those prospects are so influenced and can't be objective...then maybe...they aren't really good, intelligent, ballers with decent basketball IQs.  Probably would fall for a shot fake every time.

Start your own thread about recruits.  

20 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Those fans are not on here.  Those fans are the outliers to the normal fan and we all know it.  Nothing said on this site is the things Recruits are referencing.  They are referencing people who contact them directly though Twitter or Insta and Social media platforms.  Those i agree are negative to the recruiting of players.  But this board.  These posts.  They are not being used against us when recruiting by other coaches.  Just my 2 cents.  But good examples, i had forgotten about Vander Blue and Brooks

And neither of those M****** F****** would have played for me.  Or even with me for that matter.  The teams I played for would have bet the s*** out of them.

20 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I can't remember how long you've been here, on our various iterations of this Board. We've had guys posting that players should transfer (e.g., Collin Hartman and Watford, idiotically), and bashing them and others, one idiot kept calling Watford "Cookies" while calling him soft and pathetic. What a tool. Haven't seen anything that bad in a long time, a good thing. But Scott's points are not out of left field. When criticizing players and recruits, people should keep in mind that recruits, players, parents and coaches may, and have, been on this Board.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

???  This confuses me.  Where does this come from?

What is the title of this freakin' thread?  And a bunch of you are talking negative recruiting?  Hell, it is like being in a room with a bunch of kindergartners with no attention span.

Just now, rico said:

And neither of those M****** F****** would have played for me.  Or even with me for that matter.  The teams I played for would have bet the s*** out of them.

Dang Rico!  Did you take an Underdog Super Energy pill!?  I actually agree.  If I were recruiting a kid and knew he'd decommit from getting his feelings hurt on social media, I don't want him.  Truly.  

Just now, rico said:

What is the title of this freakin' thread?  And a bunch of you are talking negative recruiting?  Hell, it is like being in a room with a bunch of kindergartners with no attention span.

Roar Rico!  Roar!  I guess you're right.  I think it started with Scott getting upset about people saying negative things again (even though he was too last night.  Don't tell anyone!) and some arguing.  It just seemed weird that you jumped on that particular post by Air Ball.  I'm staying out of your way though!  

Archived