2021 NET Rankings

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You'd think...But I can't find anything on it.

I always liked the kid. His game just wasn't cut out for Archie's coaching style...

Well according to what I see, he hasn't missed a shot from the floor.  1-1 from 2 and 1-1 from 3.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well according to what I see, he hasn't missed a shot from the floor.  1-1 from 2 and 1-1 from 3.

Yeah, but he hasn't played since 1/31 and they've had 4 games since then. I know they had a long COVID break, but I think he's gotta have some physical problem that's keeping him out. 

They are 17-3 and ranked 22nd in the country, so maybe they just have too much talent for him to see the floor?

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but he hasn't played since 1/31 and they've had 4 games since then. I know they had a long COVID break, but I think he's gotta have some physical problem that's keeping him out. 

They are 17-3 and ranked 22nd in the country, so maybe they just have too much talent for him to see the floor?

I would find it hard to believe that Damezi couldn't at least get into the rotation.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll ask over here. Why was it we barely moved when beating Iowa but jumped 8 after last night? Is it because the quality of Minnesota's wins or what? Really trying to understand the NET game.

That is confusing to me as well.  We were very efficient offensively last night, but would one game of being efficient matter that much?  And, Minnesota was actually behind us in the NET to start the day, so it's not like the formula likes them that much.

To summarize.  I have no freaking clue.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

That is confusing to me as well.  We were very efficient offensively last night, but would one game of being efficient matter that much?  And, Minnesota was actually behind us in the NET to start the day, so it's not like the formula likes them that much.

To summarize.  I have no freaking clue.

I'm just trying to find their narrow window of what they see as a successful win. Can't find it yet. Trying to sound smart come March takes weeks of research. Haha.

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll ask over here. Why was it we barely moved when beating Iowa but jumped 8 after last night? Is it because the quality of Minnesota's wins or what? Really trying to understand the NET game.

It would seem that winning a game by 10 and scoring in the 80s is worth more than winning  close games in the 60s

Not big on predicting losses individually, because while we may be more likely to lose each of those games individually the odds of us losing all three games is somewhat low. 

Having said that, we should all be rooting for PSU, Maryland, and Stanford down the stretch, Those can all turn into quad 1 wins. 

Archived