2021 NET Rankings

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i understand Scott, but does it mean you should argue every post that isn't positive or exactly how you feel?  maybe consider that?  it's all good, but you pretty much argue everything that i say.  i may not be a basketball wizard, but i have coached for almost 30 years now.  i know a little bball.  i actually like some of your old school thoughts, but disagree with most of what you say.  i just don't comment and call you out on it every time.  

My question is how has the complaining worked out helping the program.  My thinking is why not change your out look and get behind the program.  To me our fans complaining about the coaches hasn't help so maybe it is time for a change

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i understand Scott, but does it mean you should argue every post that isn't positive or exactly how you feel?  maybe consider that?  it's all good, but you pretty much argue everything that i say.

Yeah, in your defense, I'd agree.  Scott, I love your steadfast support of IU sports, but you don't have to die on every hill, man.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Fellas, NET rankings.  Can we keep it to that in a metrics thread?  Christ, you could a bazillion threads to talk about starting line-ups, Archie, TJD, recruiting...etc.  Some of you have the same problem our team does...lack of focus and execution.  Stick to the NET.  PALEEZE.

Love your avatar!  Keep up the good work.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My question is how has the complaining worked out helping the program.  My thinking is why not change your out look and get behind the program.  To me our fans complaining about the coaches hasn't help so maybe it is time for a change

So... one of the things we disagree on is that I don't come to the message board thinking I am going to make a difference in the IU bball program.  I guess it's admirable that you do!  Maybe a little self centered?  I don't know.  Anyway, I don't think Archie Miller or the players lose a lot of sleep worrying about what I think.  So, no, I don't think my defensively pessimistic outlook has helped the program, but not sure I have the capability of helping the program.  I guess if you know how I can help, let me know!

Pomeroy has us as #24 which is still only 7th in the B1G.  i think #24 is way too high.  Our start in the B1G has not been good, but it's a small sample size.  CAM needs to pull off his best coaching job ever, and the team has to play up to its potential.  If not, it will be a long season.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also if you think we are agresssive you should go to the rivals site for an hour.  If you go there you realize how good this board is.

Maybe one more way to look at it... you really think it would be better if every post I just said, "I thought we were perfect tonight!  Archie is the best coach in college bball and our players play a perfect game every game!"  or "I guarantee we'll win tonight.  I think we will win every game for the rest of the season.  We are the best team in the country!" ?  Or is it okay if I am sometimes skeptical that we'll win or some times think certain guys didn't play well?

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It probably doesn't, but fans need to be able to vent sometimes without every move being countered.  I do counter sometimes, but I've also learned to let a lot lay and pick my battles.  Just a thought from a friend and ally. :cheers:

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Ah!  How could I forget IUFLA!  IowaHoosier - it's IUFLA that gets aggressive every time you're negative.  How could you leave him out!?

I'm not sure I'd call it "aggressive" per se...

I just hate it when I see negativity used to whitewash facts...and I try to rebut those...

If someone is going to make an argument on a fan forum, they should at least have something to back their position up...most of the time it's just some general statement that glosses over facts...

The old "smell" and "eye" test defense...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just hate it when I see negativity used to whitewash facts...and I try to rebut those...

If someone is going to make an argument on a fan forum, they should at least have something to back their position up...most of the time it's just some general statement that glosses over facts...

Ah, you're the one who wants everyone to supply stats, video, or quotes with every opinion.  I think that's great, but do you do that?

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And of course that's what most people do on a message board.  Isn't that kinda what a message board is?  You really think a message board is for everyone to come together and agree on everything?  And yes, as much as you may not like it, sports have many different perspectives.  People frequently give their opinions without stats, video, or quotes.  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

And of course that's what most people do on a message board.  Isn't that kinda what a message board is?  You really think a message board is for everyone to come together and agree on everything?  And yes, as much as you may not like it, sports have many different perspectives.  People frequently give their opinions without stats, video, or quotes.  

I always make sure to quote myself.  Gotta give credit where it's due. 

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Where did I say everyone should agree on everything?

I've locked horns with @Hoosierhoopster and @BGleas on a couple of things, but at least they bring a gun to the fight and use stats and offer up evidence that backs up their position rather than just talking out their backsides and wanting everyone to believe it.

You're a little thin skinned there, my friend... If I engage you over something you post, it's not a personal thing... It's my rebuttal because I think you're misguided on a point...

I'll be the first to admit I'm a stubborn man...but I'm not by any means unwilling to listen to the opinions/offerings of others...just be ready to back it up....

56 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So... one of the things we disagree on is that I don't come to the message board thinking I am going to make a difference in the IU bball program.  I guess it's admirable that you do!  Maybe a little self centered?  I don't know.  Anyway, I don't think Archie Miller or the players lose a lot of sleep worrying about what I think.  So, no, I don't think my defensively pessimistic outlook has helped the program, but not sure I have the capability of helping the program.  I guess if you know how I can help, let me know!

I definitely think other coaches uses our fan base in their negative recruiting.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I definitely think other coaches uses our fan base in their negative recruiting.

Scott, I just disagree. Go read a Duke, UK or Kansas board. They are all brutal to players and final four coaches. Yet they land talent year after year.

There may be an outlier example, but and major basketball scool is going to have major cruelty towards player and coaches on their board. 

Not saying it is ok, but we are tame compared to the truly elite programs boards.

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Scott, I just disagree. Go read a Duke, UK or Kansas board. They are all brutal to players and final four coaches. Yet they land talent year after year.

There may be an outlier example, but and major basketball scool is going to have major cruelty towards player and coaches on their board. 

Not saying it is ok, but we are tame compared to the truly elite programs boards.

Never said others didn't have fanatics' as well but other schools see that Archie has lost some of the fan base they will use it to their advantage.

Archived